Henry Kaminski Jr is a Designer and Branding Expert whose passion is to help entrepreneurs build profitable and reputable brands.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
AnswerThePublic.com – Henry’s small business resource
Authority Positioning – Henry’s Top Business Book
Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Work your way up until you’re exactly where you want to be.
2) Be ferociously persistent.
3) Never stop taking action and keep moving forward.
Omaha Steaks: The perfect holiday gift for your clients, employees and partners! Omaha Steaks has a huge variety of gift options to choose from and flexible gift plans for businesses of all sizes. Right now you can get their exclusive holiday gift package for $59.99. Visit OmahaSteaks.com and type EOF in the search bar!
Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:51] – Henry started in the field of design 10 years ago
[00:54] – Henry now has a multi-employee agency, which is a multi-million dollar business
[01:19] – Henry started the agency as a one-man company
[01:34] – Henry entered the corporate world at a local hospital
[02:03] – Henry worked his way up and became the Special Events Director at the children’s hospital
[02:15] – Henry was in charge of creating programs for families who lost their child from sudden infant death syndrome
[02:32] – Henry organized several fundraising events
[02:50] – Henry’s buddy walked him through the design process and this is when Henry fell in love with designing
[03:05] – Henry convinced his boss to buy him the Photoshop program for the event, so he could create the resources for marketing
[03:25] – After two years and a financial crisis, the hospital had to let Henry go
[04:05] – Henry’s expertise is in brand development
- “I want to develop impactful brands”
[04:22] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: That it is all about caring and you’ve got to “out-care” your competition
- There are different levels of branding: positioning, identity and experience
[05:12] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Five years ago, everything was working well for Henry – until they got hit by Hurricane Sandy
- It wiped out two of Henry’s biggest clients who were bringing in $250K
- When the clients restructured, they decided to drop their deal with Henry
- Henry had to tell his wife that they were in the negative
- Henry thought the worst was here, but his wife told him they should get to work
- Henry’s wife helped him build his confidence back
[08:46] – Keep moving forward and keep taking action
- Henry started following Brunson and got into his coaching program
- The program was priced at $25K and $10K
- Henry chose the latter and he was in tears with Brunson during their phone call
- Brunson asked for Henry’s help with the design work for a book launch for $40K
- Brunson took Henry under his wing, coached him and in 6 weeks, Henry made his $10K back and in 18 months, Henry had generated $500K in revenue
[11:42] – “You have to be ferociously persistent”
[15:38] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear of not being able to support myself, making enough money to live the life that I truly want to live”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Know your worth”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Love people”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – AnswerThePublic.com
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Authority Positioning by Mike Saunders
[17:57] – Never give up and focus on the prize
[18:00] – It’s always going to be a journey but remember to stay focused on why you started
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!