Melissa is a marketing strategist who helps entrepreneurs get their online business off the ground. Having built a 7-figure business, she mentors coaches with their sales and launch processes to create financial freedom.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Airtable – Melissa’s small business resource
The Big Leap – Melissa’s Top Business Book
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
Free Podcast Course – Learn to create, grow, and monetize your own podcast in 15 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Build and nurture your audience.
2) Success does NOT happen overnight.
3) Find and use the medium that makes you feel most comfortable while connecting with your audience.
School of Rock: A children’s services franchise where you’ll get to pass the torch of musicality to a new generation of musicians AND operate a profitable business at the same time! To learn more visit Franchising.SchoolOfRock.com, contact the School of Rock team, and tell them Entrepreneurs on Fire sent you!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:55] – Melissa’s passions growing up were athletics and musical theatre
[01:56] – Her area of expertise is in helping new entrepreneurs gain traction through their marketing message
[02:48] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Regardless on how things change, building a relationship with your audience will always be important. Focus on two things—building an audience and nurturing that audience
[04:20] – Melissa built her audience list to the thousands through her Facebook group
[04:40] – Melissa uses her free Facebook group, live videos, and great content to connect with her audience
[05:39] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When Melissa first started her business, she had a hard time gaining traction. She was $43K in debt, she had no savings, and it took her five months to book her first client. Melissa was in constant panic because she felt she was just getting deeper and deeper into debt
[07:02] – During a meeting with her coach, Melissa realized she was acting like a virtual assistant and not the CEO of her business
[07:35] – It’s easy for entrepreneurs to become distracted
08:56 – JLD recommends an exercise in the book Virtual Freedom where you list and group your tasks
[09:51] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Melissa loves to perform. She hopped on Periscope and made live videos based on a friend’s suggestion. Now she tries to incorporate video into all that she does
[11:10] – Find the medium that makes you feel comfortable and use that to connect with your audience
[11:46] – Figure out what excites you the most
[13:06] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m just super fired up about growing my audience and having killer engagement”
[16:14] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Letting go of my ‘golden handcuffs’, which was my personal training job”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Don’t judge what’s possible for you in the future by what you’ve been able to achieve in the past”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I get 8 to 9 hours of sleep almost every night”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Airtable
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Big Leap – “More of us need to believe in the potential of our lives”
17:49 – Connect with Melissa on her website
17:58 – Get Melissa’s 4 Free Ways to Grow Your List by Thousands Using Your Facebook Groups at MelissaPharr.com/fire
[18:32] – Be consistent and be focused
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!