Hunter Ballew is the founder of Roofing.com and Fueled & Cornerstone Construction (Acq. by SIRC). He is a partner in RepCard. He has multiple 8 Figure companies with acquisitions and has helped thousands through annual conferences and retreats.
Hunter’s Website – For a limited time, get Hunter’s game-changing book, Make It Count, for FREE! Discover How We’ve Changed Thousands of Lives Through Legacy-Focused Leadership
3 Value Bombs
1) You can have more time at work if you understand your purpose and the people around you know why you are doing that.
2) Surround yourself with mentors who will hold you accountable.
3) If you want to make a huge impact, you have to build a team. To build a solid team, you must have a common mission.
Thinkific: Ever feel like a record on repeat with 1-on-1 coaching? That’s what’s great about online courses – take your knowledge and turn it into an online program! Get started with Thinkific for free at Thinkific.com/eof!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Build and Exit for Multiple 8 Figures with No College Degree with Hunter Ballew
[1:36] – Hunter shares something he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that you can have more time at work if you understand your purpose and the people around you know why you are doing that.
[3:16] – How can you pick an industry you are passionate about that is also scalable?
- You do not necessarily need to be passionate about your industry, as long as you can help other people and create wealth with it.
[5:33] – Should you surround yourself with mentors? If yes, how and why?
- It is essential to have mentors so you can gain more knowledge in order to succeed.
- Surround yourself with mentors who will hold you accountable.
[7:49] – Hunter talks about building a team that will help you succeed.
- When you place your teams’ success above your own, you will always win.
- Set your team up for success and equip them with the right tools to succeed.
[12:27] – How can you create a common mission with your team?
- It is not just about your company’s mission but also about having a joint mission with your team.
- It’s best if your team is doing work not just for the company, but also for their own benefit.
- Cornerstone Construction started a non-profit called Cornerstone Kids.
- A percentage of their revenue is given back to the community.
- Their common mission is to serve the youth and teach them life skills that they do not get at school.
[15:46] – What does Building to Exit look like?
- When starting a business, your focus is on building it, and most entrepreneurs do not have the exit in mind.
- Hunter thought of what it would look like to exit a company, and it made an impact on every individual on his team.
- Raise the value of the company in order to be able to exit it.
- Start a company, invest, hire multiple people, and sell it or pass it along.
- Think of your exit strategy. One way or another, you will exit.
[18:26] – Hunter’s parting piece of guidance.
- If you want to make a huge impact, you have to build a team. To build a solid team, you must have a common mission. As a team, figure out your common mission together.
[20:05] – Hunter’s call to action.
- Hunter’s Website – For a limited time, get Hunter’s game-changing book, Make It Count, for FREE! Discover How We’ve Changed Thousands of Lives Through Legacy-Focused Leadership
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!