When businesses are ready to scale, they call James Friel. He’s the secret weapon helping many of today’s well-known entrepreneurs become successful CEOs. Breaking complex problems into small actionable steps is his SUPERPOWER.
RYG Framework – Uncover the bottlenecks, money leaks and biggest opportunities for growth in your business with the 10 Minute Business Audit!
3 Value Bombs
1) You get stuck in your business because you are good at something, you start doing more, and you create success out of that something.
2) A system is a combination of people, processes, and tools. It needs to be coordinated to achieve an outcome.
3) Get in the habit and the mindset of being an effective CEO; do not fall into the trap of being the aforementioned 4 types of bad bosses.
Traffic Secrets Podcast: The strategies to attract your dream customers when you’re just starting out are exactly the same as when you own a multi-million dollar business. And these strategies are waiting for you on a new podcast mini- series: Traffic Secrets. TrafficSecretsPodcast.com
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How To Go From Chief Everything Officer To Chief Executive Officer with James P. Friel
[1:13] – James shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- His first big sale in his career was selling his swing set.
[2:46] – James talks about The Genius Paradox: Why do most people get stuck in their business?
- You get stuck in your business because you are good at something, you start doing more, and you create success out of that something.
[5:23] – James explains why your business growth will never exceed the capacity of your systems.
- Generally, people are more excited about the result that they can create than the system.
- Systems give you leverage and the ability to scale your business.
- There will always be a better way to grow your business.
[9:47] – Is it true that hiring a team makes things easier and better?
- There is absolute value in having a team, but you’ve got to have a system.
- A system is a combination of people, processes, and tools. It needs to be coordinated to achieve an outcome.
- If you just hire people and do not have a system, then your business will have a hard time working.
[15:53] – The 4 Types of Bad Boss:
- The Hypercritical Boss
- The type of boss who needs to be right all the time and is judgemental of other people’s contributions.
- The team depends on the Hypercritical Boss for solutions.
- Less growth in the team and in the business.
- The People Pleaser
- The type of boss who wants to be liked by the entire team.
- Avoids conflicts and difficult conversations.
- The Helicopter Boss
- The type of boss who is dominating and a micro-manager,
- The one who does the team’s job because he does not trust other people to do things correctly.
- Driven by the fear of losing control.
- The Absentee Boss
- The type of boss who is bothered when the team needs him.
- Wants the team to figure things out on their own.
- Driven by the fear of missing out on other, more important things.
- The goal is to recognize your tendencies and which type of boss you are, and then focus on being an engaged leader.
[21:31] – What is the difference between a Hustling Entrepreneur and an Effective CEO?
- The Hustling Entrepreneur
- If you look at them today, they are grinding. Look at them a year from now, and they are still grinding on a similar problem.
- Somebody who is not creating any foundation to stand on.
- The Effective CEO
- Somebody who recognizes systems.
- Somebody who is responsible and able to apply an effective system so the business will not have to deal with the same problem over and over.
- The level of your success is the level of your problem.
[24:09] – James parting piece of guidance
- Use the system definition – the combination of people, processes, and tools. Identify the first brick that you need to systemize in your business.
- Get into the habit and the mindset of being an Effective CEO, and do not fall into the trap of being the aforementioned 4 types of bad bosses.
- RYG Framework – Uncover the bottlenecks, money leaks and biggest opportunities for growth in your business with the 10 Minute Business Audit!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!