Joe De Sena is the founder and CEO of Spartan, the world’s largest obstacle race and endurance brand and has demonstrated his entrepreneurial drive since his pre-teens. After building a multimillion-dollar pool and construction business in college, and creating a Wall Street trading firm, De Sena set his sights on ripping 100 million people off their couches by creating the Spartan lifestyle.
Spartan Nutrition – Ancient Nutrients To Fuel The Modern Warrior. Use the code JOEONFIRE, and get 50% off!
3 Value Bombs
1) The only thing that matters in starting a business is sales and making sure that your customers will love your service or product; then they will recommend it to their friends.
2) If you are not progressing, you are dying.
3) Fire. Ready. Aim: While being in your home during this Pandemic period go online, sign up for something hard, and commit to it. You will experience a Spartan Paradox – all of a sudden your life will change. Get it done today.
Traffic Secrets Podcast: The strategies to attract your dream customers when you’re just starting out are exactly the same as when you own a multi-million dollar business. And these strategies are waiting for you on a new podcast mini- series: Traffic Secrets. TrafficSecretsPodcast.com
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: From Near Bankruptcy to 45 Countries Worldwide – Scaling the Unscalable with Joe De Sena
[1:52] – Joe shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He hates burpees, cold showers, and salads, but he does it every single day.
[2:21] – Joe talks about his mantra.
- He believes that the #1 motivator of a human being is the avoidance of discomfort.
- At all costs you avoid discomfort and you do it subconsciously.
- It is more uncomfortable for Joe to avoid the hard stuff.
[3:42] – How long did it take to turn a profit with the Spartan race?
- It took Joe 15 years to turn a profit.
[4:49] – How hard was it to scale the Spartan race?
- Joe chats about going from 0 to 45 countries
- Building an obstacle on the side of a mountain
- It takes 14 days to set up a single race.
[7:12] – Why are you steering away from Obstacle Course Racing?
- They have to expand beyond the OCR
- Their current goal is to help people train better, eat better, and think better.
[8:41] – How big is the OCR industry, and where is it heading?
- OCR industry has about 3-3.5 million participants.
- They are heading towards having an endurance brand.
[9:54] – What makes Spartan so special?
- It’s much bigger than a race; Spartan is a lifestyle.
- It allows people to live the life of a Spartan, which is why they keep coming back for more races.
[14:18] – What should people know when starting a business?
- The only thing that matters in starting a business is sales. You need to make sure that you are bringing in revenue.
- Whatever product or service you are selling, you have to sell it non-stop.
- Make sure your customers will love your service or product, and they will recommend it to their friends.
[16:30] – How do you go from a small business to a large business?
- Joe’s business transitioned by adapting, moving, and growing. If you are not progressing, you are dying.
- The art of being comfortable in the uncomfortable.
[17:42] – Joe explains his methodology of Fire. Ready. Aim.
- If you sit and aim too long, you will not move.
- You have to adjust to the digital world, you have to Fire right away – commit.
[20:06] – What is the lifetime value of a customer?
- Build the relationship first, and then you get your value.
[23:23] – How can Fire Nation connect, participate, and support Spartan?
- Spartan Nutrition – Ancient Nutrients To Fuel The Modern Warrior. Use the code JOEONFIRE, and get 50% off!
[24:30] – Joe’s parting piece of guidance.
- Fire. Ready. Aim: While being in your home during this Pandemic period go online, sign up for something hard, and commit to it. You will experience a Spartan Paradox – all of a sudden your life will change. Get it done today.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!