Janine has gone through so many obstacles in her life, and one thing she’s learned through all of it is to be defiant. Today’s episode is about her new book, Defiant: A Broken Body is Not a Broken Person, and what being defiant really means.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- ZipRecruiter: Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by businesses of ALL sizes and industries to find the most qualified job candidates with immediate results. Visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire to post jobs on ZipRecruiter for FREE!
Audio Masterclass Show Notes
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [00:27] – Intro to who Janine is and how she has become “defiant”
- [01:26] – Janine shares a bit of her story — what events helped shaped who she is today
- She was a cross-country skier who was run over by a truck and died at the scene of the accident
- She came back to life, but suffered extensive life-threatening injuries
- [03:17] – The reason behind Janine’s choice to come back to life
- “Life is about choices”
- Janine knew that she was going to face a different life – a life with disability
- The GIFT is in the challenges. “It’s all about perspective”
- [07:00] – Defiant: A broken body is NOT a broken person
- What the phrase “Love the hills” means – listen as Janine elaborates
- “The magic happens on the other side of the hill”
- JLD talks about Submarine Hill
- What’s your version of the hill, Fire Nation?
- [11:03] – Building a better world means building a better you — it’s the internal that you need to fix first
- Concentrating on your Sacred Contract: things that you personally need to work on
- The Comparison Problem: Compare and Despair
- Fire Nation, you have to be genuine, real, and compassionate
- JLD answers the question, “What would you say to your 18-year old self?” — Tune in to hear his answer!
- [16:03] – Janine talks about loosening your grip on life (letting go of how you think your life should look)
- [19:33] – How to get clear on your mission — finding your purpose
- Finding a reason and passion for yourself just makes life joyful
- What are the things you daydream about?
- [22:09] – You don’t have to know instantly what your mission is. Allow your heartsong to find you — Janine shares how she found hers
- [26:47] – Janine’s phrase, “Life is not about having it all, but loving it all”
- Love even the challenging moments in life
- [29:15] – About Janine’s book
- Defiant: A Broken Body is Not a Broken Person
- We are spiritual beings having a human experience
- [31:09] – Janine reminds us that we have to LOVE the HILLS
- [32:31] – Reasons why Janine wrote her book and who this book for
- Fear is just a part of life
- There is an incredible power in sharing our stories
- 35:07 – Connect with Janine on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and email
- [36:47] – Get Janine’s FREE Download called The Question Method – A tool for people to reframe their lives.
- Download it today at Facebook.com/janineshepherd
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!