In this episode I answer 3 questions from YOU, Fire Nation, to help you take your business to the next level. Wondering what step to take next? Looking for feedback on a project or idea you have? I’m here for you! Be sure to follow me on Facebook because that’s where I post to let you know when I’m recording my Q&A sessions!
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Grasshopper: Keep your business running on all cylinders regardless of whether you’re in your office, in your car, out running errands, or at your kid’s soccer game with Grasshopper: the entrepreneur’s phone system! Visit grasshopper.com/fire to get $20 off your first month!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
Question 1: There are so many options out there; how do you figure out where to start (or what to start with)?
[1:40] – A Skype call with Chris Green begins!
[2:20] – John posted on Facebook and asked anyone who wanted to chat!
[2:45] – Chris helps entrepreneurs in the Amazon space
[3:20] – Question from Chris: There are so many options out there; how do you figure out where to start (or what to start with)?
[4:00] – JLD answers Chris’ question and talks about a new Free Course: 3 Hours to your Big Idea.
[7:00] – Chris talks about why he chose Amazon
[8:45] – JLD and Chris talk about the power of Amazon and how they’re ‘customer first’
[10:20] – JLD talks about 2 ingredients for your BIG Idea
- 1 – Do you have curiosity and passion for this idea?
- Do you have skills or experience in this area?
- Then, where’s the overlap: Figure out if your idea have passion & skills involved
- Chris adds: How do you monetize your idea? You should know that you can – at some point – make money doing this idea
Question 2: How do I find the right affiliates to help me get the word out about my new service?
[16:30] – Johnathan J in the house! Skype call with Jonathan begins!
[18:35] – Johnathan’s question: he has an unlimited graphic design platform for marketers around design called Penji. He wants to introduce the service to more affiliates to get the word out – how does he find the right affiliates?
[20:30] – John answers Johnathan’s question
- Instagram is a platform of choice for John – he talks about finding influencers on Instagram and reaching out to them via Direct Message and asking if they can do work for them in exchange for them becoming an affiliate (if they’re happy with the service)
- John talks about pricing for an influencer campaign (the minimum he recommends for Johnathan to get an influencer to talk about their website and services)
[25:40] – Johnathan asks if offering a free account to people is enough – tune in to hear JLD’s opinion on that!
[27:00] – Johnathan asks JLD what he would want ideally in an influencer campaign
[30:30] – A Skype chat with Rachel begins! JLD asks Rachel how she came up with Skype name “Quirky Momma”
[31:45] – Rachel talks about selling her first business and now teaching other people how to go viral
[32:45] – On the cusp of 7-figures, but how do I break through that and make it happen?
[33:00] – JLD asks to hear about Rachel’s team and how it’s set up
[33:30] – JLD asks Rachel what she does BEST and holds her feet to the fire re: what she’s spending her time doing!
[35:20] – JLD makes a recommendation re: how she’s spending her time, specifically related to customer service
[37:30] – Rachel asks: but how do you train your audience to know you might not always be the one answering?
[38:45] – How JLD built a multi-7-figure business
[39:20] – We have to let go of control!
[40:00] – I’ll continue doing Q&A IF I hear from you that you’re loving it! Let me know by sending your feedback to email@example.com!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!