Jayson Waller was a trailer park-living high school dropout before he became the founding CEO of POWERHOME Solar, one of the most successful private companies in America. He is also the host of his own podcast ‘True Underdog’, where he shares stories to inspire millions around the world.
JaysonWaller.com – Visit Jayson’s website to learn more about what he has going on!
@JaysonWallerBam – Follow Jayson on Instagram!
3 Value Bombs
1) Today is day one, not one day. Make that change today. Don’t get discouraged looking at the top of the staircase. Get those small wins and eventually you’ll get to the top.
2) Have the humility and humbleness to admit that you don’t know everything, but that you’re willing to surround yourself with people smarter than you who bring other superhero powers to the table so you don’t have – and so you can be a great team.
3) You are your brand. You represent you and your company. You have to build the brand as best you can. Deliver on what you say what you’re going to do.
CrowdHealth: A simple and better way to pay for your medical expenses. Visit JoinCrowdHealth.com/fit and enter code FIRE at sign up for a special offer! CrowdHealth is not health insurance, it’s a community-powered alternative. Terms and Conditions may apply.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: True Underdog Podcast.
[1:05] – Jayson shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- You need to churn and burn 20% of your staff. The bottom 20% are holding you back. The top 20% of your staff is doing 80% of the work, the next 60% of them are doing 20% of the work, the bottom 20% complain and find reasons to slow things down.
[2:54] – Starting from the bottom to building a national solar company.
- His parents did not finish high school. They worked multiple jobs and they lived in a mobile home.
- People made fun of their situation, calling them the Flintstones, but he considered it to be motivation. Those were things that he couldn’t control. You can’t control whether your family is broke.
- He learned from experience and failure.
- When you build a business, it’s like raising a child.
[5:08] – The role of renewable energy over the next decade and how Jayson plans to participate in that role.
- It’s our duty to look at renewable energy because there’s not a lot of energy out there.
- Renewable energy is cost effective, you’re not left in the dark, and you’re independent.
- We’re using so much more energy than we used to.
[8:34] – Jayson’s advise when it comes to building a brand that matters.
- You are your brand. You represent you and your company. You have to build the brand as best you can. Deliver on what you say what you’re going to do.
- Have the humility and humbleness to admit that you don’t know everything, but that you’re willing to surround yourself with people smarter than you who bring other superhero powers to the table so you don’t have – and so you can be a great team.
[13:56] – Jayson’s book “Own Your Power” – he shares 8 principles for a no-excuses life.
- People can relate to his life story and his struggles.
- You, everyday, get to create your own map. Drop the outside influence.
- There’s no elevator in life. You’ve got to take the stairs.
- Don’t be held hostage and be stuck with people in your business. Protect yourself against that and build systems where your things are replicable in your life and in business.
- Scared money don’t make money. Bet on yourself.
- Love your haters.
[16:54] – What is a “No Excuses” life?
- It means that you’re not going to let your family members, or in-laws, or siblings, friends, or haters dictate what you’re going to do.
- Don’t listen to the noise. Focus on the play-by-play, small wins, day-by-day.
[18:18] – How does Jayson want to be remembered?
- He wants everybody in the company to have a life-changing event. The employees are the foundation of the company.
- Success isn’t money, nor is it a job title. It is filling that void and having gratitude and happiness inside, and having true fulfillment.
[19:20] – Jayson’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- Pre-order Jayson’s book Own Your Power on Amazon and get some freebies and a bonus chapter!
- JaysonWaller.com – Visit Jayson’s website to learn more about what he has going on!
- @JaysonWallerBam – Follow Jayson on Instagram!
- Today is day one, not one day. Make that change today. Don’t get discouraged looking at the top of the staircase. Get those small wins and eventually you’ll get to the top.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!