Often called America’s leading small business expert, Steve Strauss is an attorney, influencer, and USA TODAY’s senior small business columnist. He is the author of 17 books, including his latest, Your Small Business Boom!
Your Small Business Boom – Learn more about Steve’s book and grab your own copy today!
3 Value Bombs
1) Now is a great time to be in business and be an entrepreneur. In this odd era of COVID there’s a huge opportunity.
2) There’s physical and digital ways to make money. Any great entrepreneur can figure out a couple of them, and they can keep replicating what they do.
3) The way to get rich is to duplicate what you do.
CrowdHealth: A simple and better way to pay for your medical expenses. Visit JoinCrowdHealth.com/fit and enter code FIRE at sign up for a special offer! CrowdHealth is not health insurance, it’s a community-powered alternative. Terms and Conditions may apply.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Take your Business to the Next Level with These Explosive Ideas!
[1:12] – Steve shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Don’t follow your passion. What he means is that you have to have passion, but you also have to have a market for it. Do what you love, but make sure that other people love it, too.
[3:37] – The story behind the title of the book “Your Small Business Boom.”
- His best-selling book was titled “The Small Business Bible.”
- He got into the word “Boom” due to COVID because as some businesses went out-of-business, others pivoted and boomed!
- He has learned so much over the course of his career, he took the very best ideas from the very best – and from some not so famous entrepreneurs, too – then put them together in an easy to understand, digestible and useable way, to teach people how to BOOM even post-pandemic.
[6:07] – So many people in this world are sheep. They blindly follow the masses. Entrepreneurs should do the opposite.
- Doing the opposite sometimes really works.
- During the great recession, the conventional wisdom was: it’s about time to start a business.
- There’s ample opportunity when everyone else is retrenching.
- Don’t be a sheep. Be a little unconventional.
[9:46] – Top ways to generate passive income.
- 80% of small businesses are a one-person business. That can be a challenge for any entrepreneur.
- Selling on Amazon is an amazing way to make money.
- Real estate is also another way to make money. What’s amazing about real estate is you don’t need 100% of the money to buy a property.
- There are physical and digital ways to make money. Any great entrepreneur can figure out a couple of them, and they can keep replicating what they do.
- Great businesses create multiple profit centers.
[16:25] – Many people wanted to have bigger, higher-paying clients. How do we do it?
- Many businesses either sell to the public or to other businesses. The problem is you tend to have a smaller budget.
- There’s 2 ways to find corporate clients. Either you find them, or they find you.
- If you can create a brand and presence that people can find, they’re going to find you.
[20:19] – The best digital tools.
- Go where your customers are.
- Webinars are an incredible way to take your knowledge and information, and share it with thousands of people.
[22:34] – Can a one-person business scale?
- Absolutely, but you need a team to do it. You can be a solopreneur, but you have to figure out a way to get other people to do the things that you’re not so good at.
- The way to get rich is to duplicate what you do.
[25:35] – Steve’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- Your Small Business Boom – Learn more about Steve’s book and grab your own copy today!
- Now is a great time to be in business and be an entrepreneur. In this odd era of COVID there’s a huge opportunity.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!