Jeff Davis is a professional speaker and the author of three books, including The Power of Authentic Leadership. He’s done keynote speeches internationally and is a sought-after expert on authentic leadership.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
The Power of Authentic Leadership – Jeff’s book
JeffDSpeaks – Jeff’s website
Free Podcast Course – Learn how to create, grow, and monetize your podcast in 15 days!
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Compare yourself only to yourself – not to other people, otherwise you WILL despair.
2) An authentic person understands the balance between assertiveness and knowing when to let go.
3) Your worth is NOT dependent on any external circumstance.
Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:12] – Now, he’s focused on spreading the message of authenticity
[01:56] – This episode will be all about authentic leadership
[02:29] – The 5 main keys to authentic leadership:
- Compare yourself to yourself
- Seek feedback from other people
- Be true to your word
- Have no hidden agenda
- Reveal your true self
[07:30] – “Whenever you compare yourself to other people, you’re going to despair”
[08:03] – One big reason why people struggle in authentic leadership is because they haven’t really processed the true meaning of it
[08:43] – “Authenticity is essential”
[09:13] – There is a balance between being assertive and being the bigger person
[10:00] – Find the balance between confidence and humility
[10:53] – Find the balance between planning and action
[14:10] – Jeff’s first tip in dealing with difficult people is to keep distance, if you can
[14:50] – “Know your values and know what you stand for”
[16:50] – People are giving their lives away for the external expectations of others
[17:24] – Cut the cord from some of those external expectations
[18:03] – “Your self-worth does not depend on external circumstances”
[19:26] – You are that which you seek – you are your own answer
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!