Jeff is a professional speaker and the author of three books, including The Power of Authentic Leadership. He’s done keynote speeches internationally and is a sought-after expert on authentic leadership.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Power of Authentic Leadership – Jeff’s book
- JeffDSpeaks – Jeff’s website
- Free Podcast Course – Learn how to create, grow, and monetize your podcast in 15 days!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Compare yourself only to yourself – not to other people, otherwise you WILL despair.
- An authentic person understands the balance between assertiveness and knowing when to let go.
- Your worth is NOT dependent on any external circumstance.
- Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
- Grasshopper: Allows you to run your business from your cell phone, giving you and your team complete control, no matter where you are. Visit Grasshopper.com/fire and get $20 off your first month!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 01:00 – The project that Jeff really focused on this year was his book, The Power of Authentic Leadership
- [01:12] – Now, he’s focused on spreading the message of authenticity
- 01:34 – Jeff was on Episode 937 of Entrepreneurs On Fire
- [01:56] – This episode will be all about authentic leadership
- [02:29] – The 5 main keys to authentic leadership:
- [07:30] – “Whenever you compare yourself to other people, you’re going to despair”
- [08:03] – One big reason why people struggle in authentic leadership is because they haven’t really processed the true meaning of it
- [08:43] – “Authenticity is essential”
- [09:13] – There is a balance between being assertive and being the bigger person
- [10:00] – Find the balance between confidence and humility
- [10:53] – Find the balance between planning and action
- [14:10] – Jeff’s first tip in dealing with difficult people is to keep distance, if you can
- [14:50] – “Know your values and know what you stand for”
- [16:50] – People are giving their lives away for the external expectations of others
- [17:24] – Cut the cord from some of those external expectations
- [18:03] – “Your self-worth does not depend on external circumstances”
- [19:26] – You are that which you seek – you are your own answer
- 20:26 – Connect with Jeff on his website
- 20:36 – Get the FREE PDF of The Power of Authentic Leadership by emailing Meg, Jeff’s assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!