Mitch is a marketing adviser to multi-millionaires, CEO’s, and entrepreneurs. He is a author of 4 books, a highly respected copywriter, and holds business trainings all over the world.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Google Keep – Mitch’s small business resource
- Man’s Search for Meaning – Mitch’s Top Business Book
- Go Opposed Media – Mitch’s website
- Connect with Mitch on Facebook
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
- How to Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life, one step at a time!
3 Key Points:
- Copy should not be about converting skeptics—focus your energy on the RIGHT people who are already needing the product/service you provide.
- Be persistent all the way through.
- There’s no such thing as “ready” — do the things you’re not ready for.
- DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
- Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:54] – Mitch’s father struggled with his health when Mitch was young, so his mom had to work really hard
- [01:03] – Instead of going to high school, Mitch started a rock band and they became famous in Canada
- [01:13] – At 21, Mitch had a heart attack; he decided to pivot and become a successful entrepreneur
- [01:22] – From 2004 to 2012, he had eight businesses fail
- [01:37] – Finally in 2012, Mitch experienced success with a landscaping company
- [01:44] – A few years ago, Mitch started to post media with his business partner, Mac
- [01:51] – Now, they hold seminars, and share courses and books, plus they help people quit jobs and start their own business
- [02:32] – Mitch’s area of expertise is in copywriting
- [02:55] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Copywriting is sales. Entrepreneurs have the job of convincing people to buy, but they sometimes forget to convince the RIGHT people. Converting a skeptic is NOT the most profitable thing to do—it’s best to target your copy to the people who already need the product/service and make them want to get it from you
- [05:02] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: A few years ago, Mitch came from Asia back to Canada for the winter. They had a few bad months as they struggled with managing their cashflow and they also had some refunds. Mitch and his partner lived in their office for two months straight because they couldn’t afford an apartment. They sold their office equipment so they could eat. Their friends thought they were done for. They spent six days in the street because they couldn’t even pay the office anymore, and with two days left Mitch closed a $20,000 deal
- [07:29] – Have never-ending persistence
- [07:43] – If you’re certain about something, go for it
- [09:12] – The secret to knowing who’s a hater amongst your friends is observing who’s silent
- [09:30] – JLD shares a story his “friend” who left him a 1-star review upon launching EOFire
- [11:09] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Mitch was already burnt-out from client work when they decided to try live events. Without thinking it through, they made a workshop 30 days long and rented a mansion in Thailand for that month. They had 12 participants. It was a massive success for 10 of the 12 participants (2 had a hard time getting along with the others). One month with 12 strangers inside a mansion was not ideal, BUT it still turned out to be a success
- [14:01] – “Do something that you don’t think you’re ready for”
- [14:29] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Now, I’m seriously fired up about the boring stuff. So, we’re really expanding up and hiring… I’m excited about systems”
- [37:41] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Always looking for confidence”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “People don’t buy products, they buy the story about who they are if they buy it”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I get my nails done like a girl”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Google Keep
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Man’s Search for Meaning – “it’s the best book in the world to me because it reminds you of how strong you are, and how grateful you are to be free”
- [39:52] – If you’re stuck in your journey, read biographies of people who made the leap and borrow confidence from that
- 40:11 – Connect with Mitch on Facebook
- 40:18 – Get Mitch’s lesson: The 3 Lies That’s Keeping You From Making Real Money and 7 Steps Every Entrepreneur Must Take Before Starting a Business
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!