Jeff Ditsworth is a corporate executive three years into his ten year plan to leave life on the road for more time with his family, no more corporate bureaucracy, and financial freedom.
Jeff’s website – Visit Jeff’s website and enter the code FIRENATION while checking out to receive a discount on a complete fly fishing combo.
3 Value Bombs
1) You can grow a business while working a 9-5 job. It’s about managing your time and attention.
2) The amount of fun that you can have working in an industry that you’re passionate about makes it not feel like work. It becomes a hobby that pays you.
3) You don’t have to invest significant amounts of money in inventory and marketing. You can allow the sales to fund your future growth.
Thinkific: Join Thinkific’s first ever 5-day Course Challenge and walk away with a complete blueprint for your online course that you’ll be ready to put into action! Sign-up for this FREE challenge today at Thinkific.com/fire!
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs just like you to increase their profitability by an average of 104% per year? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Retire from Bureaucracy – Live the NEW Retirement Plan
[1:00] – Jeff shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He changed his major 4 times in the same day when he was in college.
[2:10] – The top 3 myths of traditional retirement planning.
- Having to work until we’re 65 or 70 is a myth.
- Social security being enough to take care of you is also a myth.
- A 401K is not enough. If you take it out before you’re 60, you get penalized.
[4:02] – Why should people consider investing in their own business to supplement their retirement plan?
- Look at different types of asset classes; your own business is the only one that you can control.
[5:05] – The top three skills you need to master in order to grow your side business.
- Manage your attention. Focus on what’s important. You can’t focus on what you can’t control.
- Time blocking — focusing on specific tasks at specific points in time. It helps you get things done in an efficient manner.
- Focus on a daily routine and make sure that everything gets done.
[7:45] – There are millions of ways to make money.
- There are people out there who can come up with a way to monetize any sort of passion, product, or skill.
[11:40] – Jeff talks about his company, Pescador on the Fly, and his niche in the Fly Fishing market.
- There are fishing opportunities everywhere in the country. You just have to look.
- He was able to bring to the market what is likely the best compact fly rod combo, and he did it at a price point that is significantly less than his competitors.
[15:40] – When does it make sense to grow your business slowly?
- You don’t have to invest significant amounts of money in inventory and marketing. You can allow the sales to fund your future growth.
- Slow growth is a lot easier than rapid growth.
[17:19] – The biggest mistake Jeff made while growing his business.
- His biggest mistake was not focusing on his plan. He tended to lose track of what he was doing when he saw a new marketing system or strategy.
- If you want to get solicited by people, start a business. There’s a lot of people out there that make money preying on new businesses.
[19:58] – Pescador on the Fly — the backstory of the company name.
- Pescador is a Spanish word meaning “Fisherman”.
- Pescador on the Fly means Fisherman on the Go.
[21:17] – Jeff’s takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation.
- You can grow a business while working a 9-5 job. It’s about managing your time and attention.
- The amount of fun that you can have working in an industry that you’re passionate about makes it not feel like work. It becomes a hobby that pays you.
- Pescador on the Fly provides incredible equipment at a price that will shock you.
- Jeff’s website – Visit Jeff’s website and enter the code FIRENATION while checking out to receive a discount on a complete fly fishing combo.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!