John is the CEO of Ignite Visibility, which is a 3x Inc. 5000 company. John is also an expert digital marketing consultant, Search Engine Land Search Marketer of the Year, Author, Film Producer And Teacher at UC San Diego.
The Forecaster Method – Grab your own copy of John’s book on Amazon!
Ignite Visibility – Get A Free Multichannel Digital Marketing Strategy, Timeline, Project Plan and Forecast Worth $10,000! (You Must Qualify First)
John’s YouTube channel – Digital marketing training for you!
3 Value Bombs
1) There’s so much abundance online and many ways to drive revenue and leads. If you’re not there, you’re making a huge mistake.
2) Building new business and getting new business is easy. It’s just a matter of putting in the time and getting the framework in place.
3) Know your audience well, invest time to make sure you really understand your customer, and have a unique value proposition to get them into the system.
Klaviyo: With the holiday season right around the corner, Klaviyo is ready to help you prepare for the year’s biggest ecommerce opportunity! Visit Klaviyo.com/holiday to discover strategies for Cyber Weekend!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Perfect Digital Marketing System: Cut Your Costs And Scale With Certainty
[1:04] – John shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He has surfed in 10 different countries around the world.
[2:09] – How can we identify the best places to start advertising online?
- The best place to start is looking at your own Google analytics.
- If you want to test a new network, create a test budget and then develop the CPA (cost per acquisition).
[4:26] – How can one test new audiences and determine new winners?
- Google Experiments and Optimizely are two basic ways to create a test.
- You can create different versions of pages within Unbounce.
- What John loves to do is to take the existing data, find the highest converting landing page, and then figure out what qualities are doing well. Then he applies that to the rest of his website.
- 80% of traffic has shifted to mobile.
[6:55] – Where can you can go online to test how things look on mobile?
- There’s the Web Developer Chrome extension that lets you toggle between different types of devices.
- Add three main CTA’s to the top of any page on mobile. When you do that, you will see a large increase in conversion rates.
[8:51] – What are some effective ways to determine how much you need to pay for a single conversion on your website.
- Look at how much a customer is worth to you.
- Try to get 3-6 different traffic channels that are driving consistent conversions for you.
[10:31] – John talks about how to scale the best traffic in order to hit your quarterly goals.
- Setup a data studio report.
- A lot of businesses don’t have a good handle on their analytics.
- Get a clear visual of how much you’re spending and how much you’re getting, and then reinvest.
- Have 10% revenue allocation towards marketing.
[15:59] – Creating diversified portfolio traffic.
- It’s important to have 3-5, or even 10 different traffic generators that are coming into your website and driving revenue.
- Never have 30% of your digital marketing portfolio in one bucket.
- Start with the main networks.
[19:09] – Let’s talk about converting traffic for less than your competition.
- Any network has the same framework.
- Understand your benchmarks—where you are at now and where you want to be.
- Know your audience well, invest time to make sure you really understand your customer, and have a unique value proposition to get them into the system.
[21:47] – Talk to us about driving massive business growth through digital.
- Take a look at benchmark reports in Google Analytics.
- Plot a systematic strategy timeline and a forecast to get there. Take the time and forecast your quarterly goals.
- Build a network of audiences.
[24:59] – John’s takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation.
- There’s so much abundance online and many ways to drive revenue and leads. If you’re not there, you’re making a huge mistake.
- Building new business and getting new business is easy. It’s just a matter of putting in the time and getting the framework in place.
- The Forecaster Method – Grab your own copy of John’s book on Amazon!
- Ignite Visibility – Get A Free Multichannel Digital Marketing Strategy, Timeline, Project Plan and Forecast Worth $10,000! (You Must Qualify First)
- John’s YouTube channel – Digital marketing training for you!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!