Jeff Fenster is the Founder of the rapidly expanding SoCal-based superfood brand, everbowl.™ He is a serial entrepreneur focused on disruptive start-ups and revenue-driving innovation to grow and sustain successful brands leveraging vertical integration and a philosophy of making friends and having fun!
Jeff’s Instagram – Follow Jeff on Instagram!
EverBowl – Check out their latest creation: Super Fuel Coffee!
3 Value Bombs
1) Experience is great but no one has it until you get it, and you get it by jumping in.
2) When you know the right people who can get you the right introductions or make the right opportunities available to you, that can exponentially move your company forward.
3) Take a moment, look at what you are doing, and reflect on how can you Vertically Integrate certain elements of your company.
Thinkific: THE best platform to create, market, and sell your online courses, and right now you can sign up for 1 month free on the Thinkific Pro plan, PLUS leverage over $1,000 worth of training bonuses FREE!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to OUTSMART Your Market with Multiple Disruptive Startups and Vertical Integration with Jeff Fenster
[0:27] – Jeff shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- He almost joined the United States Marine Corps, but ended up pursuing law school instead.
[1:49] – What is a serial entrepreneur, and how is it different than an entrepreneur?
- Entrepreneur means you own your own company, and traditionally, entrepreneurs are experts in a field.
- A serial entrepreneur is someone who focuses on start-ups and creates a company or multiple companies from scratch – not necessarily in the same field.
- Cons – You do not really get the longevity and security that you would by building a sustainable business over a long period of time.
- Pros – You have the ability to quickly navigate. When you’re a small start-up, you have to leverage your strengths: speed and agility.
[6:28] – How does one go about finding an opportunity to become a serial entrepreneur?
- Jeff shares his most recent company as an example – everbowl™.
- You can find the opportunity inside your own vertical.
[9:25] – What are some strategies and tactics for getting into new markets with zero experience?
- Jeff shares his personal philosophy that experience is the most overrated pre-qualification for a new company.
- Experience is great but no one has it until you get it, and you get it by jumping in.
- Failure only happens when you quit; learn more from your mistakes than you do from your successes.
[13:41] – Jeff shares his unique business philosophy – “Make Friends and Have Fun!”
- When you focus on making friends and having fun, opportunities reveal themselves and relationship capital grows exponentially.
- “Treat your friends like your boss, and your boss like your friend.”
[16:23] – What is Vertical Integration, and how is it valuable?
- Vertical Integration is taking the supply chain from whatever your business is – from the beginning of it to the end of it – and integrating it inside your own enterprise.
- It will give you more protection against third parties and other issues that may arise
[20:12] – JLD talks about the book Little Black Stretchy Pants by Chip Wilson
- Chip is the founder of Lulu Lemon and he utilizes Vertical Integration.
[20:41] – What are some of the biggest mistakes most entrepreneurs make?
- Too often Jeff sees entrepreneurs let their ego stand in the way of success.
- Create a Dream Team – attract talents instead of deflecting.
[24:04] – Jeff’s parting piece of guidance
- Take a moment, look at what you are doing, and reflect on how can you Vertically Integrate certain elements of your company.
- Lose go of your ego and start attracting world class talents.
[25:46] – Find out more about Jeff!
- Jeff’s Instagram – Follow Jeff on Instagram!
- EverBowl – Check out their latest creation: Super Fuel Coffee!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!