Jellis is a professional photographer and writer. After feeling disconnected from the world he started traveling when he reached 18. On that journey he learned to see the beauty in the world. He is the founder of Inner Picture Stories – a place to help others find that connection between travel and wisdom, between the world outside and the one within us.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Jellis shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 00:15 – The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- [01:00] – Jellis thanks JLD for changing lives through his podcast
- [01:15] – From 12 to 18 years old, Jellis spent most of his time alone in his room and disconnected
- [01:40] – Jellis was allowed to leave school and took the opportunity to travel to South Africa and other parts of the world
- [02:05] – Jellis learned who he was while he was traveling and what the world holds for everyone
- [02:25] – Jellis created his website to help other people who struggled with the same problems he had
- [02:39] – JLD reiterates the importance of listening to your gut
- [02:55] – All Jellis knew about the world was doing schoolwork
- [03:18] – JLD explains the importance of opening oneself to experience new things and people
- [03:38] – Jellis’ expertise is showing people the possibilities within themselves and the world
- [04:08] – “Traveling will open up new ideas, new insights and a clearer understanding about this world and about yourself”
- [05:45] – Jellis’ worst entrepreneurial moment was when he was starting out
- [06:04] – It took Jellis three years before his business became sustainable
- [07:11] – JLD says that a business that works is a mix of your passion and your expertise
- [07:53] – “Success takes small steps everyday”
- 08:11 – JLD recommends the Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- [11:06] – Jellis’ AH-HA moment was going to South Africa and meeting the people there
- [11:55] – Jellis met Danny in South Africa who also had the same problem and this made him feel not alone in what he was going through
- [13:00] – JLD reiterates the importance of finding your tribe by getting out there
- [13:28] – “Find your tribe—find your family that you belong to”
- 13:55 – What are you most fired up about right now? – The Inner Picture Stories Podcast and the guests I’ll have on
- [15:15] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “My perspective about the world and what was possible in it”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Be so good they can’t ignore you”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Focus and learning lessons
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Scrivener
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- 16:31 – Connect with Jellis on his website and through his podcast
- [16:55] – Get everything out of life and live your life based on the stories that you want to be told about you
3 Key Points:
- Get out of your room and explore the world.
- Travel will help you understand yourself and the world better.
- “Find your tribe—find your family that you belong to”
- Jellis Vaes – Jellis’ website
- Inner Picture Stories – Jellis’ business website
- The Inner Picture Stories Podcast – Jellis’ podcast
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Slight Edge by Jeff Olson – book recommended by JLD about taking small steps
- Scrivener – Jellis’ recommended resource
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle – book recommended by Jellis
- Constant Contact: See how you can be a marketer: sign up for a free trial today at ConstantContact.com/podcast!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!