Jennifer is the President & Founder of Jeneration PR, a public relations and social media marketing firm specializing in promoting beauty, baby & lifestyle brands. Prior to founding Jeneration PR in 2005, she was a civil litigation attorney in Los Angeles. She has been profiled by Apple, Huffington Post, Business Insider, and Yahoo!
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a 30-day free trial of fantastic audiobooks
- Jeneration PR – Jen’s company
- About Jennifer Berson
3 Key Points:
- When you’re the owner, it’s your responsibility even if it’s not your screw up.
- Do you want your future to be dictated by decisions in the past, or do you want it to be dictated by who you are today?
- Know the “Pain in the Butt” factors of your clients — many won’t be worth the money.
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
- Qualaroo: Start engaging with your customers in real-time, collect valuable insights, and increase conversions. Sign up today and get your first 2 weeks of service free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:15] – Jen shares her story
- [02:10] – How Jen generates revenue — a traditional retainer model
- [03:05] – Also working to develop an online brand
- [03:46] – Jeneration Academy
- [05:32] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Sending out a pitch without implementing final edits
- 07:48 – Take responsibility for your actions — true entrepreneurs take responsibility
- [09:00] – If there’s something that publicly happens with a company, take swift action
- [09:40] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Making the shift from law to PR
- [12:06] – Sunk cost fallacy
- [15:29] – Biggest weakness? — Unplugging
- [16:38] – Biggest strength? – A great radar for determining the “pain in the butt” factor
- [17:57] – What has you most fired up today? – Jeneration Insiders (Jen’s Facebook Group)
- [21:14] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – The fear of disappointing parents
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – How do you leverage yourself? — you need to be able to answer that
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – List making and the Pomodoro Method
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Wonderlist
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Slight Edge
- [26:43] – Focus on adding value
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!