Doren Aldana is the CEO and president of True Trust Marketing and the founder of the Testimonial Engine – the #1 software for helping service-based businesses collect and share client reviews on autopilot. Since 2003, he has been dedicated to helping business owners attract more clients with less effort, regardless of market conditions. His life mission is to inspire and equip people to create an extraordinary life – full of passion, purpose, and prosperity.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Youtube – Doren’s small business resource
- The Ultimate Sales Machine – Doren’s recommended book
- The Testimonial Engine
- Get the Ultimate Testimonial Toolkit for FREE
- Mortgage Marketing Coach
3 Key Points:
- Become a ferocious learner
- Embrace positivity
- Lose your sense of entitlement. Life doesn’t owe you anything.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- Lenovo: Find & buy the right laptop, tablet, desktop or server!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:27] – Doren started out as a salesperson and now owns two businesses
- [02:35] – He generates revenue by consulting, through done-for-you services and membership websites, and through The Testimonial Engine, a SaaS business that automates collection and sharing of testimonials
- [03:35] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Watching his business slide backwards – and not feeling like he was able to do anything about it
- [05:38] – “You don’t get what you want, you get what you deserve”
- [05:49] – “Life doesn’t owe me jack”
- [06:05] – Doren was busy at this time – but not productive
- [06:12] – What are the 20% of things I do that generate 80% of my revenue?
- [06:28] – Lose your sense of entitlement
- [07:37] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Realizing that income is inextricably linked to learning. Have more and do more, by becoming more
- [09:20] – Doren started trying to consume positivity
- [10:10] – Biggest weakness? – “Allowing my competence to become my confinement – I’m too slow to delegate tasks”
- [11:11] – Biggest strength? – “Pig-headed discipline and determination”
- [11:34] – What has Doren most fired up today?: “Learning”
- [14:45] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Lack of knowledge about how to systematize by business so it sets me free”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Work hard on your job: make a living. Work hard on yourself: make a fortune”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Learning while I’m burning”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Youtube
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Ultimate Sales Machine
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter taken care of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – I would build a list of the top 100 potential referral partners. I’d work out what is valuable to them – and then I’d add value for them. I wouldn’t ask for anything up front – I’d just help them out and build trust.
- [18:39] – Parting piece of guidance? “Become a ferocious learner”
- [19:08] – Get the Ultimate Testimonial Toolkit for FREE from Doren
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!