From the archive: This episode was originally recorded and published in 2019. Our interviews on Entrepreneurs On Fire are meant to be evergreen, and we do our best to confirm that all offers and URL’s in these archive episodes are still relevant.
Jennifer Kem is a Brand Futurist and Creator of the Master Brand Method, that helps founders get seen, heard and paid more for simply being MORE of who they are.
The Archetype Influence Mix – Get The Archetype Influence Mix (AIM) Report! This is the unique strategy to position your brand for more success. (Sorry! This link was active when this episode was first published in 2019 but is no longer an active offer.)
3 Value Bombs
1) Marketing is simply the psychology of human consumption and applying the triggers, messages and action to test what will be consumed by any particular audience.
2) When you look at the best brands, the only thing that makes them different is their story – that’s why it matters.
3) Having a brand is important because your audience assigns meaning to your products. The keywords ‘assign’ and ‘meaning’ means that a feeling or a moment was created between your brand and a potential customer that made them feel a certain way.
Clay Clark: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs increase profitability by an average of 104% annually – all for less money than it would cost to hire a minimum wage employee? And all on a month-to-month basis!? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Get Seen, Heard and Paid More to Be YOU
[0:55] – Share something interesting about yourself that most people don’t know?
[02:15] – Give us a couple teasers so we know what we’re going to be chatting about today
- What I’m going to breakdown today are the steps you can take as an entrepreneur to build a brand
[03:31] – What are some of the myths out there when it comes to building a brand?
- I think a lot of people think that a brand is just about visual identity, but the truth is that’s only one component when it comes to branding; the other myth is that brands matter later.
- Master brands are more focused on being evolutionary, not revolutionary.
- Another myth is that a lot of people think branding is less important than other forms of growing your company.
- The truth is that internet marketing is actually a machine and an element, or an ingredient, that’s part of branding – they aren’t separate.
[05:49] – What is the true definition of branding?
- Marketing is simply the psychology of human consumption and applying the triggers, messages and action to test what will be consumed by any particular audience.
- Branding becomes important because the audience assigns meaning to that product. The keywords ‘assign’ and ‘meaning’ means that a feeling or a moment was created between the brand and potential customer that made them feel something.
- Branding is actually the ecosystem of how you make your audience feel.
[09:33] – Do entrepreneurs need to brand themselves, or their businesses first?
- It’s not completely objective; if you’re in the service based business, then a personal brand does help give credibility to the actual services offered.
- If you are in the product based business, you would typically focus on branding the product.
[12:56] – What are the steps to build a brand that gets seen, heard, and paid more?
- Step one: knowing your archetype.
- Step two: knowing your audience.
- Step three: aesthetics.
- Step four: activation.
- Step five: amplification.
[19:35] – What’s a Brand Archetype, and why is it important when thinking about branding?
- Once people see the resonance they’re going to keep coming back – that’s why an archetype is so important.
- There are three mixtures of archetype – we call it the AIM, which stands for Archetype Influence Mix
- There are three parts to an archetype: the first is a dominant archetype, the second is an intrinsic archetype, and the third is an intuitive archetype.
[23:19] – For someone who is just getting started, what’s most important when it comes to branding?
- When you look at a brand, the only thing that makes them different is their story – that’s why it matters
- If your story doesn’t resonate, or you don’t know how to communicate it, it doesn’t matter.
- Story is important because if it’s going to make people open their wallet, then you have to have a story that matters to them.
[27:00] – For someone who has been at this for a while, what’s most important when it comes to branding?
- Now is the time to do more heavy investment in visual identity.
- Now is the time to own the next icon that will make your brand iconic.
[28:18] – What resources do you need in order to build what you call a Master Brand?
- The Archetype Influence Mix – Get The Archetype Influence Mix (AIM) Report! This is the unique strategy to position your brand for more success. (Sorry! This link was active when this episode was first published in 2019 but is no longer an active offer.)
[31:23] – Parting piece of guidance
- Your personal brand does matter – whether you sell a product or a services.
- It’s your story that gives you courage and actually makes your audience want you.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!