Jenny Blake is an author and podcaster who helps entrepreneurs move from friction to flow through smarter systems, powered by Delightfully Tiny Teams. Her third book, Free Time, launches March 22.
Free Time Book – Preorder a hardcover copy of Jenny’s book and lock in these incredible bonuses, including a free version of the audiobook!
3 Value Bombs
1) You can measure things in your business and do nothing about them.
2) Learn to work on the process rather than working on the tasks.
3) Do less. Focus on the one thing you can build a smart system around that can give you revenue, ease, and joy.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Free Time Through Smarter Systems with Jenny Blake
[1:30] – Jenny shares something she believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- You can measure things in your business and do nothing about them.
[2:41] – Jenny talks about The Fiji Test.
- The Fiji Test can also be called the PR Test (Puerto Rico Test).
- “What will happen to my business if something goes wrong?” was her driving question to develop a more scalable business with more innovative systems.
- The Fiji Test or the PR Test is when you get to an island without devices and cannot tell the team. Can anyone on your team step in to do the job?
[5:25] – Jenny shares some questions you can start asking yourself to better prepare for situations
- Start by having an externalized business mind. Get in the habit of writing things down.
- There are many ways to capture information about the business and its operations.
- Even if something happens or someone steps away, everything is there. The same goes if someone steps in; they will know where to find it.
[7:15] – Is it possible to scale your business while having more free time?
- Scaling is not just about growing the size of your team, but also scaling the number of inputs and effort that goes into your business, the amount that can come out, and what you will be happy with.
- Being able to do the work you want to do, when you want to, and explore your other passions and desires is what it’s all about!
[14:11] – Jenny talks about the Sisyphean Systems.
- Sisyphus is a Greek mythology king.
- Sisyphean Systems are anywhere in the world, your business, or in your life where you participate in never-ending systems.
- Learn to work on the process rather than working on the tasks.
[19:39] – Why should business owners relinquish their roles as “Chief Everything Officer”?
- The “Chief Everything Officer” is the stage of business where you are in charge of everything.
- It is one thing to delegate a task, and it is another thing to delegate responsibility.
- The “All-Seeing Question Answerer” is the stage wherein people throw you questions, and the questions become yours to answer.
- Tell your team not to ask you open-ended questions, but instead make recommendations.
[22:58] – Jenny talks about her book, Free Time.
- Free Time Book – Preorder a hardcover copy of Jenny’s book and lock in these incredible bonuses, including a free version of the audiobook!
[23:51] – Jenny’s parting piece of guidance.
- Do less. Focus on the one thing you can build a smart system around that can give you revenue, ease, and joy.
- The Freedom Journal inspired her to write her 3rd book, Free Time!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!