John David Mann is a NYT bestselling author of 30+ books. Ana Gabriel Mann, MA, is a celebrated educator and therapist who leads the Go-Giver Marriage Coaches Training Program.
Ana’s Instagram – Follow Ana on Instagram!
Go-Giver Marriage Website – Grab a copy of The Go-Giver Marriage: A Little Story About the 5 Secrets to Lasting Love!
3 Value Bombs
1) You have to slow down and take time to recreate.
2) Lasting love is learning to say sorry and what you love about your partner.
3) Love is a daily practice. If your marriage has challenges, it is not fruitful to ask what is wrong with your partner. The way to improve your relationship is to focus on yourself.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Create the Kind of Love in Your Relationship That Makes Your Friends Wonder, What Is Your “Secret Sauce”? with John David Mann & Ana Gabriel Mann
[1:23]- Ana shares something she believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- She believes that you have to slow down and take time to recreate.
[3:27] – John: What is the mindset of lasting love?
- The “secret sauce” to their lasting love is both approaching their relationship from the spirit of generosity.
- By putting the other person first.
- “The more I build YOU up, the stronger US becomes.”
[5:40] – Ana: What is the mindset of lasting love?
- Marriage is like arriving with suitcases, and as your relations grows closer, you start unpacking your suitcases.
- Your suitcases are all the emotional baggage you carry from your history.
- Strengthen the bond between you and your partner. Start to heal in order to move forward with a great relationship
[7:36] – Ana and John: Why did you write the Go-Giver book about love and marriage?
- Almost every employee goes home to a significant other or family – in any business – and everyone needs a relationship that satisfies oneself.
- There are issues you have at home that you bring to your work, and vice versa.
- Initially, the Go-Giver book was a business book, and it came out about 15 years ago.
- The book is not just about business, but also about the principles of being a human being
- The Go-Giver book evolves from business and into a relationship book.
[10:37] – John talks about “throwing out the scorecard” — What is that, and why is it so important?
- The Scorecard represents your thoughts
- Sometimes, couples start to pick at each other and the relationship.
- It is essential to approach marriage with a spirit of generosity and express it aloud.
[15:07] – Ana talks about the millions of people who get divorced each year and how they’re missing the importance of giving.
- When you get into marriage or an intimate relationship, you are unconsciously looking for what you can get to fill whatever void you have.
- You cannot change your partner; the only person that you can change is you.
[17:01] – John talks about the millions of people who get divorced each year and how they’re missing the importance of giving.
- More often than not, you become a victim of your own presumption.
- Lasting love is learning to say sorry and what you love about your partner.
[19:23] – John and Ana: Doesn’t all this giving and giving and giving leave you drained and empty?
- In human relationships, the more you give, the more you receive.
- By giving, you benefit every cell in your body.
- Giving provides happiness, and it circles back to you.
[22:37] – Ana shares her favorite out of the 5 Secrets To Lasting Love.
- To appreciate. Every day, practice taking time to find three opportunities to witness your partner positively and tell them what you see.
- When you are appreciated, you feel that you belong. It builds self-esteem and makes you feel happy.
[27:51] – John and Ana’s parting piece of guidance.
- Love is a daily practice. If your marriage has challenges, it is not fruitful to ask what is wrong with your partner. The way to improve your relationship is to focus on yourself.
- As you practice love, you become better at it.
- Ana’s Instagram – Follow Ana on Instagram!
- Go-Giver Marriage Website – Grab a copy of The Go-Giver Marriage: A Little Story About the 5 Secrets to Lasting Love!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!