Jeremy Ryan Slate is the host of the Create Your Own Life Podcast and the Co-Founder of GetFeatured.com. He gets entrepreneurs on top rated podcasts and teaches how to serve listeners.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Evernote – Jeremy’s small business resource
The 10X Rule – Jeremy’s Top Business Book
Create Your Own Life Podcast – Jeremy’s podcast
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
Free Podcast Course – Learn to create, grow, and monetize your podcast in 15 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Look for the experts in your field and seek their advice.
2) Always remain coachable.
3) Focus on one thing that will drive revenue and value.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:54] – Jeremy has been a competitive powerlifter for the last 15 years
[01:00] – He is a dog lover and has a pet pig
[01:17] – He ended up studying world religion
[01:24] – He had a near-death experience playing football
[01:40] – He went on to live somebody else’s dream by going to Oxford
[01:45] – He didn’t know what he was going to do until his mom had a stroke
[02:52] – Jeremy’s area of expertise is in storytelling
[03:26] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Your audience listens to you because they’re inspired. If you give a ton of value, they will come back to you. You also have to be able to tell your story through a different lens, as different shows have different audiences.
[05:11] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In 2014, Jeremy was working as a network marketer full-time. He wasn’t learning any new skills or saving money. He wasn’t coachable. At the time, he felt he was the expert. The reality was he was 5 figures in debt. He was in his office looking at a wall when he realized things needed to change, so he began asking for advice.
[07:02] – Look for someone who is an expert in your field and ask for their help
[08:09] – Jeremy reiterates the importance of being coachable
[08:36] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: In 2015, Jeremy spent a month living in Peru. He thought about creating a podcast. Later that year, he took JLD’s Free Podcast Course. He went to an event last year called Amplify Live, which was about amplifying your message and figuring out how you can help the world. He wanted to help thought leaders create podcasts. He finally figured out how to monetize this and created a partnership with a friend. It’s worked out really well!
[12:03] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’ve been doing a lot of personal brand consulting”
[15:15] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Not really knowing it existed”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “That it’s going to take 10x the amount of work that you ever thought it was going to take”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Having a morning routine”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Evernote
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 10X Rule – “it’s been a big thing that has gotten me started”
[18:02] – Find something you’re good at and follow it
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!