Justin is a nationally-acclaimed life coach, author, and speaker. He’s the founder of EliteManMagazine.com and the Elite Man Podcast, where he interviews the world’s best personal development experts.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Leadpages – Justin’s small business resource
- Get the Life You Want – Justin’s Top Business Book
- Elite Man Magazine and Elite Man Podcast – Justin’s websites
- How to Finally Win – Learn How to Create Your Dream Life One Step at a Time!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Before launching a business, make sure you build an audience first.
- If you don’t know where to start, begin by putting out content that is of value.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to people in your niche for that leg-up.
- ZipRecruiter: Unlike other hiring sites, ZipRecruiter doesn’t depend on the right candidates finding you; it finds them. Post your job on ZipRecruiter for FREE – that’s right, FREE! Just visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire.
- Texture: Gives you unlimited access to over 200 premium magazines! To start your Texture FREE trial visit Texture.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:00] – Justin helps men to be the best version of themselves
- [01:37] – His area of expertise is in dating
- [01:48] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Dating is easier than you think. You just have to figure out how to showcase your personality and confidence.
- [02:33] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Four to five years ago, Justin created a dating advice website. He didn’t tell people what he was up to. After setting up, launching, and promoting the website to family and friends, it went nowhere.
- [03:40] – Justin’s heart was crushed when nobody cared
- [03:47] – “You need to build an audience”
- [04:36] – If he could do it over again, Justin would have started making connections early on and would have also put out valuable content
- [05:24] – He would have built a community and put his content out there
- [06:29] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Launching Justin’s podcast was a game-changer for his business. Justin listened to podcasts for years before he started his own. He built a relationship with Aaron Marino who had 1 million subscribers. He had him on the show and that helped him grow his business.
- [08:57] – Don’t be afraid to reach out to people
- 09:55 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m about to launch my own supplement line…Elite Life Nutrition is what it’s called”
- [13:26] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The fear of stepping so far out of the norm”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Don’t follow the crowd”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Self-hypnosis”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Leadpages
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Get the Life You Want
- [20:05] – If you’re serious about having the entrepreneurial life, go for it
- 20:44 – Learn more about Justin on the Elite Man Magazine and the Elite Man Podcast
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!