Justin Stenstrom is a nationally-acclaimed life coach, author, and speaker. He’s the founder of EliteManMagazine.com and the Elite Man Podcast, where he interviews the world’s best personal development experts.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Leadpages – Justin’s small business resource
Get the Life You Want – Justin’s Top Business Book
How to Finally Win – Learn How to Create Your Dream Life One Step at a Time!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Before launching a business, make sure you build an audience first.
2) If you don’t know where to start, begin by putting out content that is of value.
3) Don’t be afraid to reach out to people in your niche for that leg-up.
ZipRecruiter: Unlike other hiring sites, ZipRecruiter doesn’t depend on the right candidates finding you; it finds them. Post your job on ZipRecruiter for FREE – that’s right, FREE! Just visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:00] – Justin helps men to be the best version of themselves
[01:37] – His area of expertise is in dating
[01:48] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Dating is easier than you think. You just have to figure out how to showcase your personality and confidence.
[02:33] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Four to five years ago, Justin created a dating advice website. He didn’t tell people what he was up to. After setting up, launching, and promoting the website to family and friends, it went nowhere.
[03:40] – Justin’s heart was crushed when nobody cared
[03:47] – “You need to build an audience”
[04:36] – If he could do it over again, Justin would have started making connections early on and would have also put out valuable content
[05:24] – He would have built a community and put his content out there
[06:29] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Launching Justin’s podcast was a game-changer for his business. Justin listened to podcasts for years before he started his own. He built a relationship with Aaron Marino who had 1 million subscribers. He had him on the show and that helped him grow his business.
[08:57] – Don’t be afraid to reach out to people
[13:26] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The fear of stepping so far out of the norm”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Don’t follow the crowd”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Self-hypnosis”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Leadpages
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Get the Life You Want
[20:05] – If you’re serious about having the entrepreneurial life, go for it
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!