Jim Wang founded Microblogger, where he teaches aspiring bloggers how to grow their businesses and earn a sustainable income. He got his start with Bargaineering, a personal finance blog that was acquired for $3 million.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “Always do what you are afraid to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Jim and his friend were adamant about starting the second “flight comparison” site to Expedia in 2003. With no one in charge, they lost focus and quit. Kayak, Hipmunk and others have proven there was a need in the marketplace, and Jim’s lack of leadership cost them big time.
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- Jim’s AH-HA moment came when MSNMoney called him about his then small-time blog for syndication opportunities. Listen to how he almost threw away the best opportunity of his life!
- Jim’s current blog and podcast are driving his passion, as he is once again small in numbers, but big in engagement and impact. Fun!
Small Business Resource
- PicMonkey: Editing your photos is easy with PicMonkey! Add filters, frames, text, and effects with our free online photo editing tool!
Best Business Book
- Tested Advertising Methods by John Caples
- 99Designs: The #1 marketplace for graphic design. Visit 99Designs.com/Fire and enjoy the $99 savings!
- LegalZoom wants to help you start your business right. Visit LegalZoom.com, where you’ll find award-winning services developed by some of the best legal minds in the country, and enter FIRE in the referral box at checkout.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!