Jim is the founder of GrowthHit and a Techstars Growth Mentor. He has grown his agency to 50k in revenue a month and is the author of The Growth Marketer’s Playbook.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- The Growth Marketer’s Playbook – Use the promo code EOFire30 for 30% off!
3 Key Points:
- It’s about focusing on things that matter or focusing on the right target audience and doing things that maybe don’t scale initially, but that add the most value.
- Most businesses or startups fail because they start focusing on growing right away.
- Focus on being better, not bigger.
- ZipRecruiter: Successful businesses rely on quality people. But finding quality people can be tough. That’s why I love ZipRecruiter! Its powerful technology scans thousands of resumes to identify people with the right skills and experience, and then actively invites them to apply for your job! That means you get quality candidates fast. And right now you can try ZipRecruiter for free! Visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire. ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire!
Audio Masterclass Show Notes
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Exact Growth Playbook: From Idea to Seven Figures with Jim Huffman
- [01:47] – Jim shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- [03:46] – Jim gives a quick overview of what he’ll cover today.
- It’s really about focusing on things that matter, or focusing on the right target audience and doing things that maybe don’t scale initially but that add the most value; then, eventually you’ll figure out how to scale those things.
- [04:50] – Why do most businesses or startups fail?
- They start focusing on growing right away.
- Everyone has 5 brands that they love or tools they use that they rave about, and if you don’t have that yet, then it’s not time to focus on growth. It’s time to focus on how you’re adding value to your customers in a way that you’re actually making their day.
- [07:30] – How do you know when you’re ready for growth?
- One way to quantify this is doing a Net Promoter Score.
- You’ll know it when you have it; it’s when you can’t keep up with demand.
- Focus on being better, not bigger.
- [09:52] – Where do we start as entrepreneurs?
- See what channels your competitors are choosing to be on or not choosing to be on.
- You want to have a product that makes people want to use it and love it. And you have to have a basic conversion funnel set up.
- Before you send any traffic to your platform, you want to make sure you can optimize it.
- If you’re just starting out, the first tactic to start with is asking yourself the question, “How can I have the biggest impact on my customer in a positive way?”
- 15:56 – Jim shares an example of what using tools like SimilarWeb and SpyFu look like.
- Adding value in teaching is the best way to give a great first impression.
- [21:06] – Jim shares his revenue streams that make up his $50,000 a month.
- [24:32] – Growth tactics for companies that want quick results.
- The real question you have to ask yourself is, “How fast can I implement this, and when will I get results?”
- If you want to grow quick, you have to have some ad dollars.
- [26:07] – Jim walks us through what a 3-tiered funnel ad might look like.
- Educate them with the “Here’s the problem you have, here’s how we solve it.” That’s the top of the funnel ad.
- The middle of the funnel ad, that’s when we go into the buyer’s mindset.
- The bottom of the funnel ad is simple. It’s just retargeting people who dropped off and didn’t convert.
- [28:23] – Jim gives Fire Nation some growth tactics for a small budget.
- It’ll take a lot of time, but it’s going to have a great return, and hopefully you’re going to create customers that like your product so much, they’ll end up telling their friends.
- Be accessible. When you don’t have a lot of money, you have to be available.
- [31:03] – What’s one key thing that these high growth companies and startups have in common?
- Referrals and people who spread the word.
- [35:03] – Jim’s parting piece of guidance
- Visit The Growth Marketer’s Playbook and use the promo code EOFire30 for 30% off!
- Be very honest with yourself.
- When you think of your ideal customers and the people who love your product the most, what is the language they use when they talk about your product or service to other people?
- Language is going to tell you so much. Everything is going to be around your perfect customer’s language, so make sure you are studying that.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!