Jimmy is a personal branding expert, social entrepreneur, and philanthropist. He’s goal is to help 1,000 young entrepreneurs become the best version of themselves and build a profitable personal brand online doing what they love by 2017. He is also the co-founder of AQUAHERUFoundation.org, a non-profit 5-1c3 organization that provides clean drinking water to children worldwide.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Goal Tracker – Jimmy’s small business resource
- Awaken the Giant Within – Jimmy’s Top Business Book
- Connect with Jimmy on his website
- Free Goals Course – A free 8 day course on how to set and accomplish your biggest goals!
- The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 Days!
3 Key Points:
- Some of the things we take for granted are hard to come by for others.
- Push for the causes you believe in and try to incorporate these needs into your business.
- Don’t lose focus on what’s a given—your business needs to generate revenue to survive.
- Billy Gene Marketing: Visit CopyOurAds.com and if you’re the first 100 to sign up, Billy Gene will mail you his best performing Facebook ad campaigns for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
- City National Bank: Looking for financial resources to help get your business to that next level? Visit CNB.com/fire! City National Bank member FDIC.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:10] – Jimmy is an ordinary person who wants to inspire young entrepreneurs
- [01:30] – His whole life is dedicated to the concept of giving
- [01:49] – He is a big believer in clean drinking water
- [01:55] – When he was young, he experienced the water crisis in Vietnam
- [02:17] – Jimmy has never forgotten where he came from and now raises funds whenever he can
- [02:41] – His daily schedule is very simple – it consists of exercise, meditation, and appreciating life
- [03:55] – Jimmy is an inspiration
- [05:17] – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “My goal for The Freedom Journal was to build a business from scratch, start my online business coaching company, and kind of build my personal brand from scratch”
- [05:41] – The problem Jimmy’s organization encountered was that he was too focused on fundraising and providing clean drinking water – he eventually went broke
- [06:34] – The Freedom Journal helped Jimmy stay focused on building a business without having capital
- [06:53] – He created his online course and his digital company
- [07:38] – “The Freedom Journal has changed my life”
- [08:10] – You are obligated to generate money for your business
- [09:12] – How do you define Productivity? “Productivity is doing productive work instead of busy work”
- [09:52] – Stop the busywork
- [10:21] – Jimmy’s struggle with productivity is when he doesn’t write down his goals
- [10:56] – “What’s easy to do is also easy not to do”
- [11:41] – How do you define Discipline? “You want to do the things that people really complain about and that they really hate to do”
- [13:33] – How do you define Focus? “The ability to do one, single given task at a time without any distraction”
- [14:03] – Jimmy uses the 60-60-30 principle
- [14:33] – Narrow down one big idea and focus on that
- [15:29] – Jimmy’s struggle with focusing is when he tries to go after every great idea he has
- [17:10] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Honestly, there was nothing really holding me back”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Follow your passion, be creative, and don’t ever give up on your dreams…”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Read every single day for at least 1 hour”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Goal Tracker
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Awaken the Giant Within –”this book has awakened my giant”
- 21:40 – Connect with Jimmy on his website
- 22:21 – Jimmy’s GIFT to Fire Nation – The first 100 to sign up gets his Entrepreneur Fast Track Program at jimmytran.net/eofire
- [23:03] – This program teaches the backbone of entrepreneurship: vision, mindset, habit, skill, action, and giving
- [23:37] – First 10 people to sign up will get a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to Jimmy’s Entrepreneur Dream Program
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!