JiNan Glasgow George has built her career from engineering to patent law and investment by transforming ideas into assets and connecting innovators to the resources they need to make positive impact. She is the CEO and co-founder of Patent Forecast®, a business intelligence SaaS company that provides insights for investors and executives, serial entrepreneurs and innovators – giving vision ahead of market data using patent data and AI.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
NEO IP – NEO IP is an intellectual property law firm with a holistic approach for creating IP assets.
The IP Miracle Book – Check out JiNan’s first book!
3 Value Bombs
1) With imagination and ideas, you have an unlimited resource for solving problems and creating a positive impact in the world; however, most people do not use it.
2) Almost everybody has a trademark to register, copyright, or patent.
3) You can make the most valuable asset in your business from your ideas and transform that into intellectual property, but you have to know how to use it in your industry.
HubSpot: Learn how to grow better by connecting your people, your customers, and your business at HubSpot.com!
Tailor Brands: For a super easy, all-in-one platform that gives you the tools and features you need to look professional from the start, visit TailorBrands.com and use code fire40 for 40% off!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Multiply Your Business Value with IP Assets with JiNan Glasgow George
[1:49] – JiNan shares something she believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- She believes that God gives you all the power to create. With imagination and ideas, you have an unlimited resource for solving problems and making a positive impact in the world; however, most people do not use it.
[2:51]- Why does IP (intellectual property) multiply your business value?
- Your business value comes from your revenue.
- Intellectual Property is a form of an intangible asset, and it can have a multiplier effect on you because it is connected with what makes you unique.
[4:00] – JiNan gives an example of IP’s great value to a person, company, or business.
- One of her long-time clients started in technology.
- The client wanted to file a patent, and a strategy was applied. The impact of the multiplier on his business was that he was able to get a reasonable evaluation even without revenue.
- The client used the IP assets as the business grew to attract promising talent.
[6:00] – How can Fire Nation use IP in a business?
- Most entrepreneurs have inventive solutions to problems.
- Almost everybody has a trademark to register, copyright, or patent.
[7:05] – Does Intellectual Property make sense for everyone?
- Intellectual Property is an exclusive right.
- Look into what makes your company unique, know your competitive advantage, and decide what type of IP asset you can create.
- Do your research in creating valuable assets.
[9:10]– A timeout to thank our sponsors, HubSpot, and Tailor Brands!
[11:45] – What are the top mistakes people make with IP?
- Mistakes can be dangerous to creating Intellectual Property. Do it in a proactive and high-quality way.
- Your ideas are worth nothing if you do not transform them into an Intellectual Property asset.
[15:19] – Where do we even start when it comes to creating IP assets, and where do we go from there?
- Know your unique value proposition.
- Make the plan.
- Assess and compare.
[16:47] – How can you identify unique and valuable when it comes to your IP assets?
- You can identify if an Intellectual Property is unique by comparing and differentiating it from others.
- Do your research and analysis.
[17:59] – JiNan’s parting piece of guidance.
- You can make the most valuable asset in your business from your ideas and transform that into intellectual property, but you have to know how to use it in your industry.
- NEO IP – NEO IP is an intellectual property law firm with a holistic approach for creating IP assets.
- The IP Miracle Book – Check out JiNan’s first book!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!