Rush Sadiwala is the founder & CEO at Framework, a platform to run challenges on. He worked as an investor prior to becoming a founder. He is an immigrant who graduated from Duke University and got an MBA from Columbia.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Framework – Turn your expertise into income by harnessing the power of challenges to grow your business and drive tangible outcomes for your customers.
3 Value Bombs
1) You should work on your strengths rather than your weaknesses.
2) Having people do some work before joining your community creates more value.
3) Challenges are an incredible mechanism to achieve your goals.
HubSpot: Learn how to grow better by connecting your people, your customers, and your business at HubSpot.com!
Conversion Fanatics: If you’re generating 7 to 8 figures + from your website, and you’re not doing conversion optimization, you’re leaving revenue on the table! Visit ConversionFanatics.com for a free proposal today and tell them EOF sent you!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Use Challenges to Grow Your Business with Rush Sadiwala
[1:25] – Rush shares something he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that you should work on your strengths rather than your weaknesses. Identify one to two things that you are good at and focus on that.
[2:08] – What is a Challenge?
- A Challenge is a time-bound learning journey with a clear goal and defined process.
- Take your customer on a journey from point A to B with clear steps on what needs to be done each day between those points.
- 5 Day Healthy Eating Challenge
- 30 Day Sobriety Challenge
- 90 Day Financial Freedom Challenge
- It is a platform where you can build challenges and operate them at scale.
[2:54] – How did you develop the idea of building a platform for Challenges to run on?
- It began when he met his co-founder, Jack
- Rush had emotional challenges in 2019, and he found an online support group.
- He realized that there was no guided structure to it; he then came up with the idea of having an online break-up bootcamp.
- They started it and eventually built a platform specifically for online break-up bootcamps.
- They realized that they could use their platform to empower other people to grow their businesses and help them achieve their goals.
[7:00] – Rush shares some unique insights when it comes to community building.
- A high friction community works best.
- Having people do some work before joining your community creates more value.
- An online community should have a concrete platform that helps people achieve something together and where people can support each other in working towards a goal.
[10:51] – A timeout to thank our sponsors, HubSpot and Conversion Fanatics!
[13:22] – Who in Fire Nation can use a Challenge, and specifically for what?
- Anyone who wants to transform the lives of their customers and help them achieve a goal can use a Challenge.
- It could be a better way to build a relationship with your audience
- You may upsell and offer something at the end of the Challenge.
- Offer a paid course
- Book a session
- Do another Challenge
- Buy a product
[14:55] – Rush gives examples of unique Challenges.
- Healthy Eating Salad Challenge.
- Every day, people created a salad and posted a picture of that on the platform, consumed it, and shared how they felt.
- People are exchanging recipes and great experiences.
- 30 Day Challenge to Stop Eating Sugar
- After completing the Challenge, you witness how people start to transform their lives.
[16:20] – What mistakes are people making who are running Challenges today?
- People are making mistakes by not having a clearly defined goal.
- You have to have analytics
[19:04] – What does a successful Challenge look like, and what happens after a Challenge is completed?
- There are a lot of ways to measure success for a challenge.
- You can measure the Challenge’s success if you see someone go through a Challenge, and that person stays to pay it forward.
[20:34] – Rush’s parting piece of guidance.
- Many people want to have a clearly defined goal, and they want to work to achieve that, and when they complete it, they feel rewarded; they are then ready to engage deeper with you.
- Challenges are an incredible mechanism to achieve your goals.
[21:34] – Rush’s call to action.
- Framework – Turn your expertise into income by harnessing the power of challenges to grow your business and drive tangible outcomes for your customers.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!