John was given a choice as an 8-year-old to either go to Sunday school or caddie for his father. Golf became his passion and religion. After college he had a few dead end jobs and then went to caddie for a friend of his who was on the PGA tour. While on the PGA tour he met an entrepreneur, and together they decided to start a golf lifestyle clothing brand. They named the brand Ashworth and went from $0 to $90 million in sales in 10 years.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “It’s only work if you’d rather be doing something else.” – Unknown click to tweet!
- John shares with us the early days of Ashworth… interesting times!
Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment
- Golf clothing SUCKS!
- John has sold his ownership stake in Ashworth and moved into his latest venture, LinkSoul. Check out the vibes he is kicking out there!
Small Business Resource
- Instagram: Capture and Share the World’s Moments. Instagram is a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends and family.
Best Business Book
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- eVoice: The business phone system of choice for entrepreneurs. Make more money and grow your business with eVoice. Use offer code FIRE for $5 off every month FOREVER!
- SquareSpace: Enter code FIRE for a 10% savings. SquareSpace: Everything you need to create an exceptional website!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!