John is one of the leading mindset and behavioral experts in the world.
Innercise: FREE Brain Training Audios – Purchase John’s book and get his FREE brain training audios!
Innercise: The New Science to Unlock Your Brain’s Hidden Power – Get John’s book on Amazon!
3 Value Bombs
1) We don’t sabotage ourselves. Our brain sabotages us.
2) If you keep focusing on ‘I’m stuck’, your brain goes ‘OK’ and keeps you in that stuck state.
3) We resist change not because we don’t want to grow, but because when the brain is experiencing change, it has mechanisms just like a thermostat that keeps the room temperature constant.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The New Science to Unlock Your Brain’s Hidden Power
[00:46] – John shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He makes his own hot sauces with the hottest peppers in the world.
- The name of the sauces are ‘Tears of Joy’
[03:19] – What is ‘innercising’ and how does it work?
- It is based on a research around our brain and our ability to strengthen our neuro-muscles.
- There are ways to strengthen key parts of our brain so we are more in control and we can achieve our goals and dreams faster and easier than ever before.
[04:20] – You talk about self-esteem as the major reason we sabotaging ourselves – can you talk about that a little more?
- We don’t sabotage ourselves. Our brain sabotages us.
- There’s a self-regulating part of the brain that adjusts thoughts, emotions, and behaviors until we reach that set point that we are accustomed to.
- All of this self-sabotaging is just the brain’s way of keeping you in this comfort and safety zone that it perceives is the best thing for you.
- If you feel, at a subconscious level, that you don’t deserve the success that you consciously want, you will self-sabotage in the form of disempowering thoughts and procrastination.
[06:49] – How do we get ‘unstuck’ when we get stuck in that rut?
- Being ‘stuck’ is an effect. The question you have to answer is what causes you to be ‘stuck’?
- If you keep focusing on ‘I’m stuck’, your brain goes ‘OK’ and keeps you in that stuck state. It also activates the emotions of a stuck state, which then triggers the behaviors of a stuck state.
- The only way to get out of a slump is to do the activities that will yield leads and sales.
- When we are in a stuck state, what we’re doing is repeating a neural and emotional pattern that is stopping us from taking the action we need. And that is something that we can change.
[10:27] – What are the four things that are blocking us from change?
- We resist change not because we don’t want to grow, but because when the brain is experiencing change, it has mechanisms just like a thermostat to keep the room temperature constant.
- Change is not hard. It’s uncomfortable.
- The four things that activate the fear response or stress response are:
- Limiting beliefs
- When we feel that we don’t have the knowledge and skill to achieve the goal that we want, it deactivates the motivational part of our brain for safety.
[14:19] – How do we find the motivation to start doing the right things and stick with it?
- When we set a goal, that’s activating one part of our brain.
- What you’re trying to get to when you’re coming up with your why is “What is the biggest reason why you must do this – and if you don’t, will create more pain for you than if you fail?” It gets the emotional aspect of the brain engaged to override the fear circuit.
- Get down on paper the first 3 steps that are easy to do and you are committed to doing.
[19:09] – How can innercising help people make the shift they need to create a better overall life?
- The default mode network defaults to your habits.
- When we get stuck in a challenge, most people are repeating patterns over and over again and they’re not even aware that it isn’t the first time they’ve had that challenge.
- They used to believe that it took 21 days to develop a new thought, or an emotional or behavioral pattern. Forget about that number for the rest of your life. All of the latest research says that it takes between 66 days and 365 days for a repeating pattern to go from consciously using our effort to it becoming a subconscious pattern that overrides the old one.
[22:46] – How has John used ‘innercising’ techniques to lose weight, or build strength?
- He has used ‘cognitive priming’ every single day for seven years.
- He taught agents how to get their conscious and their subconscious mind aligned through innercising every single day for 6 months. Over the next 4 years, his company went from 1.2 billion dollars to 4.5 billion dollars.
- The reason why he wrote his book Innercise is to get people to realize that the power is in them.
[28:41] – How do we transform fear into a fuel for success?
- When you are afraid of failing, if you just stop and take 6 deep breaths into your nose and out through your mouth like you are blowing out through a straw, it changes your focus, and it causes you to focus on breathing out on a straw. That is enough to deactivate the fear center in the brain.
- Move to AIA:
- A – Awareness. When you do innercising, you must do it without any lame, shame, guilt or justification. You have to learn how to be aware of the neuro-chemical and emotional processes within you to be able to change your brain.
- I – Intention. Is your intention to put your tail between your legs and allow this fear to control you, or is your intention to move forward?
- A – Action. Do not overwhelm the brain with massive action. It floods the brain with more neuro-chemistry that causes people to feel fear and freeze or run away.
[35:32] – John talks about his book
- Innercise: FREE Brain Training Audios – Purchase John’s book and get FREE brain training audios!
- Innercise: The New Science to Unlock Your Brain’s Hidden Power – Get John’s book on Amazon.
- The book is all about how to take better care of all the brain’s processes so that you are, once and for all, in control and able to achieve more of your goals and dreams.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!