Tommy Griffith is the founder of ClickMinded, a digital marketing course for entrepreneurs. He was previously SEO manager at PayPal and Airbnb. He feels weird writing about himself in the third person but admits that it sounds slightly more epic.
Learn the exact SEO framework that we used at PayPal and Airbnb – Reserve your spot on this Masterclass and grab all the free downloads!
KWFinder – Find long-tail keywords with low SEO difficulty
Ahrefs – Tools to grow your search traffic, research your competitors, and monitor your niche
Screamingfrog – UK-based search marketing agency and the creators of the famous website crawler and log file analyzer tools.
Keywords Everywhere – Search volume, CPC & competition data on 16 websites useful for Internet Marketers!
SEO Minion – Free SEO tool for your daily SEO Tasks :)
ClickMinded – SEO training to 10x your traffic from Google.
SEO Strategy Guide – The SEO Strategy Guide
Digital Marketing Strategy Guide – The Digital Marketing Strategy Guide
SEO Checklist – The Complete 32-Point SEO Checklist For 2019
3 Value Bombs
1) Once you internalize the basics of SEO, it comes down to understanding what users are looking for and providing relevant content that fills that need.
2) The three things to nail your SEO fundamentals: Relevance, Authority and Reputations, and Technical Optimization.
3) The 5-step framework that can be used to optimize across multiple platforms with search engines: Searcher intent; Digital Assets; Digital Medium; Optimizing; and the Nudge.
Pitney Bowes: With SendPro Online from Pitney Bowes you can compare rates from multiple carriers, print stamps and shipping labels, and track shipments all in one place. Visit PB.com/fire and get a free 30-day trial plus a free 10 pound scale to get started!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Massively Increase Your Organic Traffic Through SEO with Tommy Griffith
[01:18] – Tommy shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He walked out of a night club in Thailand without any clothes.
[05:26] – A brief overview of the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) fundamentals.
- SEO is not very hard. The simpler you keep it, the better your results will be.
- SEO is all the stuff that needs to be done to bring traffic from search engines to any digital assets that you may own.
- Search Engine Optimization drives traffic from any web application that has a search engine to your product, business, or your offer.
- Once you understand the fundamentals of SEO, it becomes very straightforward.
- The three things to nail your SEO fundamentals: Relevance, Authority and Reputations, and Technical Optimization. Tune in to hear the deep dive!
- If you’re not in the top 5, you are effectively invisible.
[14:55] – Talk to us about the framework that can be used to optimize across multiple platforms with search engines.
- The 5-step framework: Searcher intent; Digital assets; Digital medium; Optimizing; and the Nudge.
- Tune in to hear Tommy break down every step!
- Treat your sales funnel like a regular human relationship.
[24:17] – How can we find what our ideal customers are searching for, and how do we use that research to massively grow our email list?
- Google Adwords Keyword Planner is a tool originally designed for a paid ad words campaign. But the tool has kind of become less effective over time.
- We can use third party tools to figure stuff out.
- We can use this search query data to not only guide our SEO strategy, but also for content upgrades to grow our email list
[31:05] – Tommy shares several tools you should check out, and he also discusses what’s going to happen on the webinar – plus the goodies that come along with it!
- KWFinder and Ahrefs are his two favorite keyword research tools.
- ScreamingFrog can be used to call your site, find technical errors, broken links, 404 pages, and make the technical behind-the-scenes stuff a lot easier.
- If you’re using Google Chrome, a great tool Keywords Everywhere gives you the search volume data on different things that you’re searching for within Google’s results.
- SEO Minion is a quick on-page optimization plug-in.
- Link grabber is a free Chrome plug-in that parses through the HTML page and gives you the links.
- Learn the exact SEO framework that we used at PayPal and Airbnb – Reserve your spot on this free Masterclass – plus grab all the downloads!
[36:37] – Tommy’s parting piece of guidance
- Once you internalize the basics of SEO, it comes down to understanding what users are looking for and providing relevant content that fills that need.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!