From the archive: This episode was originally recorded and published in 2019. Our interviews on Entrepreneurs On Fire are meant to be evergreen, and we do our best to confirm that all offers and URL’s in these archive episodes are still relevant.
John Crestani fled the corporate world to start his own marketing business and travel the world. He now teaches others how they can operate multi-million dollar businesses with zero employees.
John’s YouTube – Check out and subscribe to John’s channel, where he’ll teach you How To Create Your Online Business From Scratch
3 Value Bombs
1) You are limitless. Create more and make sure the time you use on the Internet is a tool.
2) Everybody should be an affiliate marketer. It’s the only way to democratize wealth moving into a digital future.
3) Learn from somebody who is where you want to be.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: 7-figures, Zero Employees: How and Why with John Crestani
[01:20] – John shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- He is learning to fly helicopters and will soon be a helicopter pilot!
[02:11] – How did John build a 7-figure business all by himself?
- That’s an option – it’s intentional on his part.
- He doesn’t like the constrictions of having to report to employees or investors.
[04:55] – Why did John choose not to hire any employees above the few that he had?
- He didn’t like corporate life. You have to kiss a lot of rear to get anywhere.
- John’s passion is traveling the world and doing extreme sports.
- When you hire someone, you are responsible for them and their families’ livelihood. You have an obligation.
[09:35] – John talks about what affiliate marketing is and how he uses it in his life and business.
- Affiliate marketing is commission-only sales.
- All of these tech companies are built off of our product that we provide for free.
- Everybody should be an affiliate marketer. It is the only way to democratize wealth moving into a digital future.
[12:08] – John’s first successful venture with affiliate marketing.
- Affiliate marketing is a fairly new thing, but commission-only sales is not.
- John started affiliate marketing after he read “The Four-Hour Work Week”. That’s when he started Googling how to make money online.
- He went from making nothing to making a thousand dollars a day in the span of a week. The product he was marketing was a family survival course that he found on ClickBank.com
[17:28] – John shares another story of success in affiliate marketing.
- He put up an ad on Facebook about the ‘Bed Bug Epidemic’, which sent people to an article about how bed bugs are becoming an epidemic. He modified the article to include his affiliate link.
- The ad has been working for him for 2 years, but it suddenly stopped when larger companies tried to bully him.
[21:31] – Is it realistic to start affiliate marketing in 2019?
- If you look at any YouTuber, any person in Instagram, or any blogger – they’re using affiliate links.
- All you need to do to start affiliate marketing is create content about something you like and you’re passionate about, then add your affiliate link to it.
[26:04] – Why does John sell online training courses?
- It was 2015 and he didn’t know what to do next. That was when he decided to do The Alchemist Journey.
- A guy working for Forbes did a story on him. Six months later, it was released in Forbes and it went viral, being translated to different languages.
- Overnight, he was being bombarded by emails, and on social media about how a person in his 20’s makes half a million a month. That’s when he decided to teach people and put up a training course on how he started his online business.
- The training course filled a gap left by our current education system, which teaches people nothing about money.
[30:50] – How does someone pick the best training course for their situation?
- Learn from somebody who is where you want to be.
- Get clear on the time and money commitment – what are you willing to put into this?
- Look at testimonials. See if the people who are successfully going through the course are similar to you.
[35:40] – What mistakes do people make when they’re searching for their mentor?
- One of the biggest problems is sites like Udemy. Don’t learn from someone who hasn’t had a lot of success. Just because their online course gives you what you need doesn’t mean that’s where you want to be.
- Always do your research on your teacher.
- There are marketers who are really good at pitching training courses, but they themselves are not doing the training.
- It’s not smart to learn from a translator (someone who is not the expert themselves).
[37:20] – What’s something John believes that most people disagree with him on?
- He believes that the world population is going on a cataclysmic decline.
[42:23] – John’s parting piece of guidance
- You are limitless. Create more and make sure that the time you spend on the Internet is a tool.
- Make money. Live free.
- Check out and subscribe to John’s YouTube channel, where he’ll teach you How To Create Your Online Business From Scratch
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!