John is the author of the instant #1 National Bestselling book ON FIRE: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life. He is also host of the Live Inspired Podcast and an inspirational speaker teaching more than 50,000 people around the world each year how to live inspired. His second book, IN AWE: Rediscover Your Childlike Wonder to Unleash Inspiration, Meaning and Joy publishes 5/5/2020.
John O’Leary Inspires – Check out John’s In Awe 21-Day Challenge, his podcast, his book, and more!
3 Value Bombs
1) If you want to build a better business, a better life, a better marriage, a better family, and a better country, you have to be open-minded and have a kids heart.
2) If you want something better for your life, you have to expect profound things.
3) Too frequently in life you just stay on the bench. Get in the game, and make sure to recognize the value of your life.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Rediscover Your Childlike Wonder to Unleash Inspiration, Meaning And Joy with John O Leary
[1:30] – John shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He identifies himself as an introvert.
[3:45] – 6 Questions to answer for you to live and lead IN AWE:
- Kids are naturally optimistic. What kids have that you’ve lost sight of – and how you can return to it – is the premise of the book.
#1 Who cares?
- Kids care deeply about everything, and they are fully engaged with whatever task they are in.
- It allows you to live in your mission not only directionally, but in the moment.
[6:27] – #2 Why me?
- Ask it the way kids do; kids are naturally curious.
- It can be asked, not as a victim, but through the lens of profound gratitude.
- If you want to build a better business, a better life, a better marriage, a better family, and a better country, you have to be open-minded and have a kids heart.
[10:07] – #3 What more can I do?
- Ask it the way a child does: what more can you do to soak up the very gift that this day presents for you and for those you serve?
- John shares his story about how Joe Buck’s father changed his life.
[14:31] – #4 Why not?
- The question “Why not?” is asked not from the standpoint of the things that cannot be done, but from the standpoint of saying, what might happen?
- John shares a story about how he was able to use his hands again, and live life well.
[20:23] – #5 Bring your glove
- John covers different senses in the book, In Awe:
- Wonder – the ability to live life like a child. You do not need to be a child to be childlike.
- Expectancy – what you believe will happen and influence what does happen.
- If you want something better for your life, you have to expect profound things.
[25:12] – JLD talks about his Price is Right experience.
- He was the first person called down on stage and he won a car.
[26:23] – #6 Which wall is your ladder against?
- Make sure that your success is not at the expense of the things that matter.
- Your foundation must be firm, and you must make sure that your ladder is against the right wall.
[29:13] – Get in the game.
- Too frequently in life, you just stay on the bench. Get in the game, and make sure to recognize the value of your life.
[33:20] – Where can Fire Nation get the book, In Awe?
- John O’Leary Inspires – Check out John’s In Awe 21-Day Challenge, his podcast, his book, and more!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!