John teaches software developers how to be “cool”. He’s a personal development coach dedicated to helping professionals live better, more fulfilled lives and reach their maximum potential.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible –Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Complete Software Developer’s Career Guide – John’s book
- John’s YouTube channel
- The Freedom Journal– Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15-day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
3 Key Points:
- Decide for your life NOW.
- Make things possible by taking your first step.
- Your health is a priority, so act like it
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:00] – John was a typical shy kid, but he learned to overcome it
- [01:15] – He helps software developers with building their self-esteem and becoming entrepreneurs
- [02:36] – John’s expertise is in maximizing his full potential and helping other people do the same
- [02:57] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Trust the process and don’t focus on the result
- 05:03 – John’s book, The Complete Software Developer’s Career Guide, is for people who want to start in software development, and also for those who are already in the industry
- [05:21] – He wrote the book because he couldn’t find a “complete” guide for software developers available
- 05:34 – John’s first book, Soft Skills, focused on software development as a career
- [06:36] – John wanted to create the go-to manual for software developers
- 07:40 – Go to John’s website to get a copy of his book!
- 08:15 – John’s YouTube channel is one example of trusting the process
- [08:37] – He came up with 2 ideas — getting 2,000 videos up, and he started working backwards to hit that number
- [10:13] – Recording videos every day is like journaling for him
- [10:37] – Changing “impossible” to “I’m Possible”
- [12:27] – John is focused on improving himself in all areas of his life
- [12:51] – He ran his first marathon this year and is now on a new routine where he eats one meal a day at 5, runs 40 miles a week, and lifts weights for 2 hours a day, 3 times a week
- [14:41] – You have zero excuses in improving your health
- [15:10] – John has coached a lot of men who have different problems and bad habits
- [15:50] – “In order to have true change in life, you have to change your nature”
- [16:46] – Breaking bad habits requires a change in nature
- [17:03] – John’s channel aims to inspire people and make them realize they can go for the better versions of themselves
- [18:54] – “Change your mindset, change your life”
- [19:16] – “If you don’t know what to do in any given situation, be as prolific as hell”
- 19:56 – Connect with John on his YouTube
- 20:15 – Go to SimpleProgrammer.com/careerguide for a copy of The Complete Software Developer’s Career Guide!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!