Brian is the world’s leading trainer on how to build a six to seven figure a year business on Air BnB… without owning properties. He is an international speaker, online marketer and business coach with an extensive background in both real estate and building automated businesses.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Audible – Brian’s small business resource
The Rhythm of Life – Brian’s Top Business Book
Free Podcast Course – Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Resilience is what will lead you to success.
2) Surround yourself with successful people.
3) Raise your standards, and you raise your life.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:01] – Brian is a serial entrepreneur who has “tried it all”
[01:45] – His two areas of expertise are Airbnb and automating/outsourcing
[02:10] – He constantly outsources repetitive tasks so he can focus on more important ones
[03:25] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Most people don’t know they can make money through Air BnB without owning a single property by working with homeowners
[04:10] – Brian approaches property owners who look for tenants and pitches his idea of using Air BnB
[06:10] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In his 20’s Brian had fast success in real estate and became a millionaire. When the market turned south and collapsed, so did his business. He became a ‘negative millionaire’ with about $1.3M in debt. He lost properties (including his home) and got to a point where he had to gather loose change to buy a burger
[09:09] – Be resilient and relentless
[10:04] – Opportunities are waiting for you
[10:46] – The mindset shift was what made Brian come back to where he was and achieve more than he did previously
[11:31] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Brian went to a marketer’s event where people were sharing their successes. He approached as many millionaires at the event as he could to ask them for advice and encouragement. It fired Brian up, and when he went home, things started to improve for him
[12:57] – Surround yourself with the kind of people you aspire to be like
[13:08] – “One or two connections can completely change your life”
[14:11] – Raise your standards!
[15:36] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I am most fired up business-wise about becoming a teacher and a leader”
[16:20]– The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “My mindset”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Model those who have come before you; model those you want to have a success like”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Morning rituals”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Audible
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Rhythm of Life – “it’s a phenomenal book about life and business”
[19:11] – The biggest return on investment you can do is to work on your character and who you are
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!