Jon Ostenson is a Consultant, Owner/Investor, and Author specializing in Non-Food Franchising. He draws on his experience as a former Inc. 500 Franchise President and Multi-Brand Franchisee in serving his clients.
Jon’s Email – Reach out to Jon for a free consultation to see if non-food franchising is right for you! Zero cost, zero obligation!
3 Value Bombs
1) Franchise owners test marketing vehicles in their market, refine the best practices around hiring, and find faster routes so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
2) Numbers attract people more than the type of work.
3) Much more beyond the brand, you have a proven model, a proven playbook, and oftentimes a coach on the sideline for support.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Great Opportunities in Non-Food Franchising.
[1:27] – Jon shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Ultimately, it’s what you do with success that truly defines success. As the Bible says, “To whom much is given, much is expected.”
[2:34] – Jon does a recap of his previous interview with JLD on why franchising is often the best option for entrepreneurs.
- Franchising offers a better path to business ownership.
- Much more beyond the brand, you have a proven model, a proven playbook, and oftentimes a coach on the sideline for support.
- Franchise owners test marketing vehicles in their market, refine the best practices around hiring, and find faster routes so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
[4:58] – Example of industries, their financials, and their niche that Jon works with.
- Home services are over a $500 billion industry, growing quickly as it is COVID-resistant essential services that serve a need in the market.
- The renovation business is for someone who’s looking to go full time. You don’t need to do the work nor the designing. You just have to, oftentimes, work with a real estate agent as your referral source.
- The auto industry, from a macro standpoint for electric vehicles, when you look at the percentage of cars on the road, only 2% of cars sold in the US are electric. Over the next 10 years, only 10% of the cars on the road will be electric.
- Waterless carwash is something to be excited about. It’s a spray that deionizes, then uses a positive-charged ion cloth that wipes the car down, lifting the dirt and debris.
[11:07] – Let’s talk money – is the $80,000 figure attainable?
- Some people would tap into their retirement funds or their 401K.
- The very common one is the SBA, either the 7A loan or the express loan.
[15:01] – Continuation of examples of specific industries in the world of non-food franchising.
- Health and fitness that caters to those 50 and over. It has healthy margin and is a recurring revenue model.
- IV drip concept has been popular.
- Children and education. This can manifest itself in a lot of different ways. Swim school, a summer camp, clinics …
- Property services is a massive industry. Water mitigation, mold remediation, restoration – these are COVID and Amazon resistant.
- Numbers attract people more than the type of work.
- A drive-thru coffee concept could generate a million dollars in revenue.
[21:31] – Jon throws in an 11th example just for fun.
- Business coaching is massively needed out there
- Leverage your background.
[23:23] – The best process for exploring these franchise opportunities deeper.
- It’s entirely free. There’s no cost to jump into the process and no obligation at all.
- They’ve vetted over 300 brands in the FCC or Franchise Consulting Company, the largest brokerage in the US that has worked with all the development groups to see what’s going on in the backend of these merged brands, and to get to know leadership teams.
[25:51] – Jon’s call to action for Fire Nation!
- Jon’s Email – Reach out to Jon for a free consultation to see if non-food franchising is right for you! Zero cost, zero obligation!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!