Josh Little is a teacher turned serial entrepreneur with four successful tech companies, multiple exits, and hundreds of millions of users. He’s currently on a mission to bring more connection and community into the world with his latest product, Volley – a video messaging app. Tim Schmoyer’s company, Video Creators, helps creators, brands, and business’ reach a new audience on YouTube. So far their clients have grown by over 18 billion views and 81 million subscribers.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Fire Nation Volley Space – Sign up and get access to their FREE Forever plan, plus join the Fire Nation Volley Space! Bonus: get access to Josh & Tim’s free micro-masterclass, How to Ignite Your Audience Engagement.
3 Value Bombs
1) Success is about reaching people and changing lives, not about how much money you can make.
2) Volley is the faster way to true human connection.
3) The limits of connection and communication only exist in our minds.
HubSpot: Learn how to grow better by connecting your people, your customers, and your business at HubSpot.com!
Conversion Fanatics: If you’re generating 7 to 8 figures + from your website, and you’re not doing conversion optimization, you’re leaving revenue on the table! Visit ConversionFanatics.com for a free proposal today and tell them EOF sent you!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: After 5 Failed Community Platforms, This One Works!
[1:40] – Tim shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Money and popularity can destroy you – they can ruin your life.
- Money is not the standard of success. Success is about reaching people and changing lives, not about how much money you can make.
[2:55] – Tim, building community is HARD. Over the last 10 years you’ve tried every way imaginable to engage your clients in group coaching and communities, and frankly, you’ve had mediocre results. Why has it been so gosh dang hard to build community with some of the most motivated creators on YouTube?
- There was a time when YouTube was a community. Each channel was developing their own community.
- Tim found Volley and did a little experiment with it and had a different experience.
- 100% of the people who signed up actively engaged.
- The connections were deeper and more engaging.
[8:20] – Tim, how is Volley different?
- The main difference is that human connection happens so much faster.
- It’s video-based – so it’s like having a face-to-face conversation, which helps build better connections.
[10:00] – Josh, can you describe to Fire Nation how Volley works?
- Volley is the faster way to true human connection.
- Josh shares the features of Volley, like recording videos that are threaded.
[12:48] – A timeout to thank our sponsors, HubSpot and Conversion Fanatics!
[14:43] – Josh, what key insights caused you to create Volley?
- When the pandemic hit, Josh saw that the way we communicate was about to change permanently.
- Josh saw an opportunity to communicate in a very flexible way.
[19:19] – Josh shares a fascinating fact about turns in a conversation.
[22:14] – Tim, let’s talk tips. What are a few tips on how to get people engaged in a Volley community?
- Tim uses Volley in almost everything they do in their company.
- They use Volley for conference calls, coaching programs, team communication, and more.
- You can connect and integrate Volley with your course.
[28:12] – Josh, where can Fire Nation get started with Volley?
- Fire Nation Volley Space – Sign up and get access to their FREE Forever plan, plus join the Fire Nation Volley Space! Bonus: get access to Josh & Tim’s free micro-masterclass, How to Ignite Your Audience Engagement.
[30:54] – Tim’s key take away
- Connection is not about information, it is about how well we connect with each other.
- The limits of connection and communication only exist in our minds.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!