Kevin Anderson is 30x New York Times-bestselling editor and founder and CEO of Kevin Anderson & Associates, a leading New York ghostwriting, book-coaching, and publishing strategy firm.
Email Kevin’s team or Call 917-338-1812 – Reach out to Kevin Anderson and Associates to learn more!
3 Value Bombs
1) Choose someone who can really work with you from beginning to end, who can be your advocate and guide you through the whole process.
2) Pick someone who knows and understands both traditional and hybrid publishing.
3) For some business owners, waiting a year or two to get their book out costs them more in lost opportunities than the upside of waiting for a traditional publisher.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Choose a Business Book Ghostwriter or Book Coach.
[1:16] – Kevin shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Niching is an essential thing for long-term business success. Don’t be afraid to test the market from a general standpoint.
[2:42] – Determining publishing goals.
- Writing a book can be a huge boost for any business. Credibility, enhanced visibility, a huge boost to your consultant or speaking fees.
- The first step to figuring out who you want to hire to help you through this process is to determine your publishing goals.
- Traditional publishing accounts for 99% of books on the shelf.
- For some business owners, waiting a year or two to get their book out costs them more in lost opportunities than the upside of waiting for a traditional publisher.
[8:02] – Deciding to hire a ghostwriter, co author, or book coach.
- A ghostwriter handles all the writing for you.
- With a book coach, you’re the one writing the book and they’re guiding you
- Things to think about:
- How much do you want to spend,
- How much time do you have to spend on writing the book, and
- How great of a writer are you?
- If you’re an awful writer, even a book coach is not going to save you.
- Rewriting is ghostwriting. It takes longer to rewrite and fix someone else’s mess than to start from scratch.
[12:21] – What to look out for in a ghostwriter
- There isn’t a legitimate ghostwriter out there who won’t be able to show you some form of credit.
- If you don’t recognize any of the books on their list or from the office they work with, look them up on Amazon.
- Watch for scams. There’s a lot of them out there.
[17:43] – What to prepare for in terms of quality and timeline production.
- Accountability is key in ensuring the quality is great and it hits your timeline.
- If you’re working with a freelancer, make sure that they’re not working with too many clients at the same time.
[22:34] – The importance of doing more than just writing a book.
- Choose a service or a writer that can help you plan and achieve the bigger picture.
- Hire someone who can be your advocate all the way through the process, who can navigate each and every step, and be there to guide you and tell you when something is a good or bad deal, or if something is normal or not.
- Pick someone who knows and understands both traditional and hybrid publishing.
- Have an impartial judge – someone who can be impartial and focused on your goals and knows your vested interest.
[32:19] – Kevin’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation!
- Choose someone who can really work with you from beginning to end, who can be your advocate and guide through the whole process.
- Email Kevin’s team or Call 917-338-1812 – Reach out to Kevin Anderson and Associates to learn more!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!