JP Sears is an emotional healing coach, YouTuber, international teacher, speaker at events, curious student of life, and the author of How To Be Ultra Spiritual: 12 ½ Steps to Spiritual Superiority. His Ultra Spiritual comedy videos have accumulated over 100 millions views.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Conversations with God – JP’s Top Business Book
- How to Be Ultra Spiritual: 12 1/2 Steps to Spiritual Superiority – JP’s book
- Awaken with JP – JP’s website
- Connect with JP on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Funnel on Fire – An 8 day free course on how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- You don’t have to be “perfect”—just be YOU.
- Our real value is found in being true to ourselves.
- All human beings are creative, and showing your creativity is an incredible source of enjoyment to all.
- SmartMove: If you own a rental property, or know someone who does, try SmartMove so you don’t find out the hard way that a prospective tenant is a risk. Visit TenantScreening.com, enter code FireNation, and get 25% off your next screening!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:56] – JP’s relationship with his partner, Amber, is his priority
- [02:27] – JP is blessed to earn a living doing what he loves – connecting and creating
- [02:47] – His health and fitness is also important to him
- [03:53] – JP’s area of expertise is in connecting with people and creating by sharing his perspectives through the language of humor
- [05:08] – When JP embeds an underlying message, it’s communicated through comedy—this allows the message to sink into people’s minds and psyches
- [06:00] – The language of humor is a language of connection
- [06:53] – JLD used JP as an example at his “Puerto Palooza” Mastermind
- [08:14] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: JP was 23 and he was teaching his 2nd workshop. He froze up in front of all the people – he didn’t know what to say
- [09:28] – What JP learned from this was the need to connect with the audience
- [10:17] – Connecting with the audience is what dictates the level of impact JP can make on his audience
- [11:28] – What works for JP is making a little corky, impromptu comment before starting to talk
- [13:12] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: In the 13 years of JP’s career, he told himself that he cannot let his sense of humor come out in the professional world. Eventually, he decided to make a comedy video. He released the video and it turned out to be the best thing he could do for his business
- [14:30] – “Always bet on being yourself”
- [14:46] – Our real value is in being ourselves
- [15:44] – Practice your craft consistently
- [17:16] – Losing yourself is a powerful way to find yourself
- [18:14] – Stop caring about being perfect
- [19:07] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Creativity – it feeds my soul”
- [19:17] – Sharing a perspective in a non-literal way is creativity for JP
- [20:51] – All human beings are creative
- [21:21] – Creativity, universally, brings enjoyment to people
- [22:19] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear of the unknown”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Honor the feelings of your heart, not people’s expectations”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Starting my day off balanced”
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Conversations with God – “it is a personal empowerment book”
- [28:42] – “Don’t aim for who you think you are, don’t even aim for who you want to be. Aim for the miracle of who you actually are”
- [29:17] – Connect with JP on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!