Jules is the founder of Unconventional Life, a show hosted on Forbes that profiles millennials who earn their living in non-traditional ways. She launched her first 6-figure company at the age of 18 and first 7-figure company at 22, while serving as a digital marketing consultant for many top companies.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Jules shares her incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:03] – Jules live in the mountains outside Colorado
- [01:06] – She describes herself as a multi-passionate human being
- [01:30] – Attracting high-level opportunities and rapid implementation are Jules’ areas of expertise
- [01:48] – Jules shares a story about the online summit she and JLD did together
- [02:25] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Most entrepreneurs get so caught up in the end goal that they often forget the first step
- [02:56] – If you have an idea, do the first step, and take the next steps from there
- [03:21] – Getting caught up in the end goal cycle paralyzes you
- [03:30] – The other day, Jules posted on Facebook that she was looking for ladies who wanted to go on an epic adventure
- [03:52] – In a few hours, there were 150 comments and Jules immediately created a group for them
- [04:37] – Focus on the first thing
- [04:55] – “No plan survives first contact with the enemy”
- [05:32] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: It was Dec 2013, Jules and her then-boyfriend and business partner were skiing in 4 different countries. They had a successful publishing company. In Jan 2014 when they got back, they learned their 3rd business partner embezzled their money and they were $200K in debt.
- [06:49] – She broke up with her boyfriend and her health declined
- [06:56] – Within 8 months, Jules used up all her personal savings
- [07:09] – Jules realized she needed to get back on track and started doing the grind
- [07:29] – Jules took 60 days off to let herself heal
- [07:51] – She realized she was living someone else’s version of success
- [08:11] – It took her losing everything to be able to choose for herself
- [08:30] – She mastered listening to herself during her break
- [09:10] – Jules focused on the “Hell, Yes!”
- [09:18] – This laid the foundation for her new entrepreneurial journey
- [09:41] – Nothing happened to the guy who embezzled their money
- [10:14] – Jules knows that justice will be served somehow
- [11:26] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: In July 2015, Jules had a near death wake boarding accident. Being an artist and an entrepreneur had been percolating in her mind. Laying in the hospital bed, Jules saw a white figure and 6 black council members. They told Jules she had work to be done in the world and asked if she wanted to do it. Jules said, “Yes” and in a zap, she was back in her body.
- [12:50] – She knew everything was going to be okay
- [13:20] – 3 weeks later, Jules received a call asking if she could come for a consultation
- [13:33] – She said “yes” and found out the woman was working for the UN, for the Global Goals Campaign
- [13:53] – Jules told the woman about her plans for education and she got invited to present for the UN and be an ambassador
- [14:42] – She started seeing doors open for her
- [15:05] – See, believe, and feel the new things that are happening
- [15:26] – JLD also shares about his own wake boarding incident
- [16:03] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The belief that I will never be able to make enough money”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Just do it”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’m a big cross fit person, and I teach Yoga, and so I do some kind of a morning movement”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Facebook Messenger Calls
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Choose Yourself – “That book really lays out the model of what we’re all about and what is happening”
- 20:25 – Get Jules’ FREE Guide to Create Impact, Influence and Income in Any Industry in 60 days here!
- 20:51 – Connect with Jules on her podcast
- [21:05] – Listen to yourself and create more space
3 Key Points:
- Don’t lose yourself focusing on the end goal – just take the first step and go from there.
- Learn to listen to yourself before anyone else.
- See and believe in the opportunities that come your way and embrace them when they do.
- Facebook Messenger Calls – Jules’ small business resource
- Choose Yourself! – Jules’ Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Unconventional Life – Jules’ website
- Connect with Jules on her podcast
- FireUP – Turn website visitors into leads and paying customers!
- How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
- Capterra: An easy-to-use website with over 400 categories of software to choose from! Visit Capterra.com/fire and find the software that will help you do what you do better.
- Alibaba: Check out Alibaba’s 2-day conference in Detroit called Gateway17 going down June 20th and 21st where you’ll learn how to capitalize on the fastest-growing consumer market in the world. Save up to 50% on your registration fee by visiting Gateway17.com and entering code FIRE!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!