Justin’s meteoric rise is due to his media buying genius, great blog and hard work, and his story shows that you really can turn your life around! He got his start 8 years ago with just $60 in an Adwords account and turned it into 6 figures. In 2011, he launched a digital ad agency, DMBIOnline, which quickly became a highly sought after 7-figure agency.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Hemingway – Justin’s small business resource
- Platform Revolution – Justin’s top business book
- DMBIOnline.com – Justin’s website
- Google Justin Brooke
- Free Goals Course – A FREE 8 day course on how to set and accomplish your biggest goals!
- Check out JLD on Snapchat and Instagram!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t just ride the bandwagon and forget about your main goal.
- Mistakes are not failures.
- Growing income sometimes means growing expenses, too.
- eVoice: See how eVoice can help you connect with your prospects, partners, and customers quickly and easily! eVoice is offering Fire Nation an extended, 60 day free trial – just visit eVoice.com and use promo code FIRE!
- ZipRecruiter: Looking for quality candidates to help you grow your business? Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by over 1 million businesses (including EOFire)!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:05] – Justin had a mentor and he studied his mentor’s library
- [02:25] – Value Bomb Drop: Google is way bigger, cheaper and higher converting than Facebook. Google has all the same targeting abilities as Facebook does and also has in-market targeting
- 04:41 – Read blogs like PPC Hero, KlientBoost, Digiday
- [05:12] – Start making mistakes to learn
- [05:40] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? Now, I think that people are making a mistake by driving paid traffic to squeeze pages
- [06:40] – You need to test your pages
- [06:51] – Justin’s Rule of Thumb
- [07:08] – Directing to the sales page straight
- [08:01] – Don’t just go along with the herd
- [08:15] – Don’t put up buyers to potential buyers
- [09:24] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: I felt trapped working all day and all night. I kept increasing my expenses, I had everything, and then ended up selling it all
- [10:51] – It hit so hard – like, what am I doing it all for?
- [12:57] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Learning to pay attention
- [14:51] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Changing my business model and putting up an online school
- [15:59] – Life has become great for Justin now
- [16:52] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Self doubt
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Your income is relational to the value you provide and the reach of that value
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Task filtration
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Hemingway
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Platform Revolution
- 18:44 – Google Justin Brooke
- [19:12] – If you want to make more money, provide more value
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!