Justin Brooke’s meteoric rise is due to his media buying genius, great blog and hard work, and his story shows that you really can turn your life around! He got his start 8 years ago with just $60 in an Adwords account and turned it into 6 figures. In 2011, he launched a digital ad agency, DMBIOnline, which quickly became a highly sought after 7-figure agency.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Hemingway – Justin’s small business resource
- Platform Revolution – Justin’s top business book
- DMBIOnline.com – Justin’s website
- Google Justin Brooke
- Check out JLD on Snapchat and Instagram!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t just ride the bandwagon and forget about your main goal.
- Mistakes are not failures.
- Growing income sometimes means growing expenses, too.
- eVoice: See how eVoice can help you connect with your prospects, partners, and customers quickly and easily! eVoice is offering Fire Nation an extended, 60 day free trial – just visit eVoice.com and use promo code FIRE!
- ZipRecruiter: Looking for quality candidates to help you grow your business? Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by over 1 million businesses (including EOFire)!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:05] – Justin had a mentor and he studied his mentor’s library
- [02:25] – Value Bomb Drop: Google is way bigger, cheaper and higher converting than Facebook. Google has all the same targeting abilities as Facebook does and also has in-market targeting
- [04:41] – Read blogs like PPC Hero, KlientBoost, Digiday
- [05:12] – Start making mistakes to learn
- [05:40] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? Now, I think that people are making a mistake by driving paid traffic to squeeze pages
- [06:40] – You need to test your pages
- [06:51] – Justin’s Rule of Thumb
- [07:08] – Directing to the sales page straight
- [08:01] – Don’t just go along with the herd
- [08:15] – Don’t put up buyers to potential buyers
- [09:24] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: I felt trapped working all day and all night. I kept increasing my expenses, I had everything, and then ended up selling it all
- [10:51] – It hit so hard – like, what am I doing it all for?
- [12:57] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Learning to pay attention
- [14:51] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Changing my business model and putting up an online school
- [15:59] – Life has become great for Justin now
- [16:52] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Self doubt
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Your income is relational to the value you provide and the reach of that value
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Task filtration
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Hemingway
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Platform Revolution
- [18:44] – Google Justin Brooke
- [19:12] – If you want to make more money, provide more value
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!