Danielle is the founder and CEO of MissNowMrs.com, a multi-million dollar online name-change company. She is also the author of Elegant Entrepreneur: The Female Founder’s Guide to Starting & Growing Your First Company, which was written to help more women startup and scale up businesses.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- MeetEdgar – Danielle’s small business resource
- The Greatest Salesman in the World – Danielle’s top business book
- Elegant Entrepreneur – Danielle’s book
- MissNowMrs – Danielle’s website
- Connect with Danielle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Failure is not the end of the world
- Don’t limit yourself, be open to paradigm shifts.
- Understand people who use your service or buy your product.
- ZOHO: THE operating system that handles everything your business needs to run successfully – and more! “There’s a first time for everything.”
- StayRoasted: Get 100% specialty-grade coffee beans hand-selected to your tastes and delivered fresh. Visit StayRoasted.com/fire to get your first bag of coffee for FREE!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:08] – Danielle is an accidental entrepreneur
- [02:05] – Danielle got the idea of MissNowMrs from having to go back 3x to renew her driver’s license
- [03:08] – Value Bomb Drop: Failure is opportunity in disguise.
- [04:29] – Three things you can do to flip your failure
- [04:32] – Idea for a new company, a pivot for your current company, or a partner you should make
- [04:05] – John shares something he’s a little embarrassed about…
- [06:15] – Step back and freak out for a while
- [06:46] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? I used to believe that if you’re willing to do anything, then you will be successful
- [07:29] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Testifying in federal court while I was 8 months pregnant
- [09:33] – Have internal security measures on your website
- [10:58] – You are your only limitation
- [11:18] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: I was looking for a birthday card in Rite-Aid and noticed hooks on the shelves… MissNowMrs gift cards are now in retail stores
- [12:35] – Danielle jumped into social media to find out who her buyer was
- [13:11] – Be open to big paradigm shifts
- [13:41] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? The Kindle version of Elegant Entrepreneur became the top rated start-up book on Amazon!
- [14:32] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – A 6-figure salary with 0 business education background
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – You are your only limitation
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Prioritize each single thing each day
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Meet Edgar
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Greatest Salesman in the World – it’s life changing!
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – I would walk out my front door and figure out the new world and write down problems I run into…
- [17:59] – Never wish for it more than you work for it
- 18:17 – Connect with Danielle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- 18:29 – Get the FREE Grow Fast Chapter of Danielle’s book here
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!