Justin is a partner at Empire Flippers, a marketplace that allows other entrepreneurs and investors to buy, sell, and invest in websites and online businesses. He’s also the host of the Empire Flippers Podcast and Web Equity Show.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
3 Key Points:
- Be wary of your weaknesses.
- All the magic happens outside of your comfort zone.
- It gets better, so stay the course.
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:59] – Justin shares his story
- [01:10] – The whole company lives abroad
- [01:58] – The challenges of living overseas
- [03:29] – Finding bell-ringers
- [04:33] – How Justin generates revenue
- [05:42] – One of Justin’s favorite sales
- [07:12] – The more net profit you can demonstrate, the better when it comes to selling your business
- [09:05] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: The early dips in a business
- [11:13] – What are the vanity metrics that just aren’t valid to modern business?
- [13:14] – Don’t measure the unimportant
- [13:36] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: During a meeting with a business partner, realizing “I will never have to have a job again”
- [15:38] – Biggest weakness? — Taking things personally
- [16:46] – Biggest strength? – Transparency in business
- [18:19] – What has Justin most fired up today? – Adding a management team to the outsourced team in the Philippines
- [20:56] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Following a life-path that was built by someone else
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Being transparent
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Travel
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Built to Sell
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Built to Sell
- 24:11 – Contact Empire Flippers at empireflippers.com
- [24:21] – When you’re going through the dips, don’t give up — it took Justin 30 months to turn his franchise around
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!