Justin Cooke is a partner at Empire Flippers, a marketplace that allows other entrepreneurs and investors to buy, sell, and invest in websites and online businesses. He’s also the host of the Empire Flippers Podcast and Web Equity Show.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
3 Key Points:
- Be wary of your weaknesses.
- All the magic happens outside of your comfort zone.
- It gets better, so stay the course.
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:59] – Justin shares his story
- [01:10] – The whole company lives abroad
- [01:58] – The challenges of living overseas
- [03:29] – Finding bell-ringers
- [04:33] – How Justin generates revenue
- [05:42] – One of Justin’s favorite sales
- [07:12] – The more net profit you can demonstrate, the better when it comes to selling your business
- [09:05] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: The early dips in a business
- [11:13] – What are the vanity metrics that just aren’t valid to modern business?
- [13:14] – Don’t measure the unimportant
- [13:36] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: During a meeting with a business partner, realizing “I will never have to have a job again”
- [15:38] – Biggest weakness? — Taking things personally
- [16:46] – Biggest strength? – Transparency in business
- [18:19] – What has Justin most fired up today? – Adding a management team to the outsourced team in the Philippines
- [20:56] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Following a life-path that was built by someone else
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Being transparent
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Travel
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Built to Sell
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Built to Sell
- [24:11] – Contact Empire Flippers at empireflippers.com
- [24:21] – When you’re going through the dips, don’t give up — it took Justin 30 months to turn his franchise around
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!