Justin is the award-winning Founder and CEO of Mirrored Media, one of the entertainment industry’s most influential experiential marketing agencies.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Google Drive – Justin’s small business resource
- Never Eat Alone – Justin’s Top Business Book
- Mirrored Media – Justin’s website
- Connect with Justin on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Free Podcast Course – Learn to Create, Grow, and Monetize your podcast in 15 days!
3 Key Points:
- There’s nobody that can tell your story better than you.
- Understand every detail regarding the contract or deal you’re part of.
- Find and take the necessary action to move forward.
- Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
- LinkedIn Learning: Offers thousands of expert-led courses covering a wide range of business, tech, and creative skills, with dozens of new tutorials added each week! Right now LinkedIn Learning is offering our listeners a free 30-day trial! Just visit LinkedIn.com/fire to sign up and try it free for 30 days!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:53] – Mirrored Media is about creating connections between Fortune 100 companies and their target market in unique ways
- [01:23] – Personally, Justin loves music and has a passion for animals
- 01:45 – He sits on the board of directors for Project Survival’s Cat Haven
- [02:18] – His area of expertise is in storytelling and creating an experience
- [03:42] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Entrepreneurs should know how to tell their own story
- [05:01] – The best salesperson in the world cannot sell your vision the same way that you can
- [06:00] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Justin’s first project was with Acura, releasing their first entry-level vehicle. It was a groundbreaking campaign for them, but Justin didn’t have an understanding of how payment structures work with large companies
- [08:37] – Your worst moments will pass
- [08:55] – Instead of reacting, be calm and proactive in finding a solution to the problem at hand
- [09:54] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Justin’s ah-ha moment was when a friend introduced him to a potential client who was looking to connect with millennials through music
- [11:28] – When they got the contract, the next thing Justin had to figure out was execution
- [11:48] – Justin strongly believes that traditional marketing is amazing – but that experiential marketing actually makes everyone want to take part in campaigns
- [13:32] – “Always lean towards action”
- [16:24] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Finances
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “It is better to have a small piece of something large than a large piece of something small that goes nowhere”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I think I have a very amazing memory”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Google Drive
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Never Eat Alone – “it’s a really great, powerful read”
- [19:22] – Remember, time management is really difficult, but keep on going
- [19:51] – “It’s the little things that matter”
- 20:15 – Connect with Justin on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!