David Osborn is an entrepreneur, public speaker, and author. He is also the principal owner of Keller Williams Realty, the 10th largest real estate company in the U.S., which grossed over $8.7 billion in sales last year.
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Moment – David’s small business resource
The Miracle Morning – David’s Top Business Book
Wealth Can’t Wait – David’s book
How to Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Work for the knowledge and equity, not for the money.
2) Learn to prioritize and focus in on the things that matter most.
3) Hire great people—you’re only as good as your team.
School of Rock: A children’s services franchise where you’ll get to pass the torch of musicality to a new generation of musicians AND operate a profitable business at the same time! To learn more visit Franchising.SchoolOfRock.com, contact the School of Rock team, and tell them Entrepreneurs on Fire sent you!
Incapsula: Protects and accelerates over 4 million websites every day. Get a free enterprise trial of Incapsula’s services when you visit LP.Incapsula.com/2017Podcasts!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:00] – David’s ultimate goal is to be the best dad to his children
[01:13] – He has always been in the real estate industry
[02:04] – His area of expertise is in cash flow
[02:52] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: “You’ve got to be working for knowledge or equity. Never the money”
[04:38] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: David was new in business and was working 100 hours per week. Working hard was his strategy. He found an awful rash on his chest, which turned out to be shingles. Usually 50-year-olds get the rash—he had just turned 30. He went to a breakout seminar and it was there that he learned how to prioritize
[06:36] – David stopped doing everything that wasn’t important
[07:01] – As he made changes in his life, he saw two things change — he became happy and he got much better results
[08:08] – Make sure your time is focused in the right place
[08:29] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: David remembers when he was struggling building his business. He had a manager that was mediocre and undermining David. He began interviewing people, and he found one lady who was earning more than he could offer, but she was an incredible candidate. After three months, she agreed to work for David, and she replaced the mediocre manager
[10:06] – “You’re only as good as the people you hire”
[11:25] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I recently joined a father’s group”
[12:48] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Thinking bigger”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “I do it, we do it, they do it”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’m a massive goal-setter”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Moment
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Miracle Morning – “it’s a simple book, it’s a straight-forward book”
[14:46] – David’s book is Wealth Can’t Wait
[15:02] – Connect with David on his website and text FIRE to 469-660-1327 to get David’s goal-setting template
[15:23] – “Always be purposeful”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!