Katie Wood is an author, entrepreneur, mom of 4, & fire wife who believes there’s nothing more powerful than investing in the next generation to prepare them for the unknown future.
A Simple Seed of Growth, Gratitude & Giggles – Grab A Simple Seed Journal and empower your kid to START the day right!
3 Value Bombs
1) You become what you believe. At the end of the day, whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re correct. Believe in ourselves to the fullest, authentically deep down in the soul. Anything is possible.
2) When you tell your mind what’s mostly important, it will let that in. Whatever you put to the front of your brain, your mind will take that and attract that throughout the day.
3) Simple powerful lessons done over breakfast teaches kids how to become their best selves, and learn to overcome obstacles, take responsibility, persevere, and love themselves for who they are.
Conversion Fanatics: If you’re generating 7 to 8 figures + from your website, and you’re not doing conversion optimization, you’re leaving revenue on the table! Visit ConversionFanatics.com for a free proposal today and tell them EOF sent you!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Empowering Our Youth Starts in the Morning.
[1:13] – Katie shares something that she believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- It’s more about doing than having. We live in a society where the term “success” can be defined in so many ways. So many look at what you have – your car, house, or your clothes. Real success is the difference you make, the mark that you leave in this world, and the seeds you plant.
[3:04] – Both kids and parents are struggling more than ever now.
- With the pandemic, stress levels have never been higher for families as a whole. Kids are anxious, and depression levels are rising.
- Empowerment is the ability to start your morning off on the right foot with a positive mindset.
- How we start our day affects the rest of the day. You’re more productive, more in-control, and develop healthy habits. Teaching this to kids at a young age gives them a major advantage.
[5:47] – How you start the day sets the entire tone for the day – what does this mean for people who are going to read the book?
- From the moment we wake up, our minds are flooded with things we need to do. Most people wake up and it’s an instant burst of stress, anxiety, and a to-do list. Without even knowing it, that is how the rest of your day flows.
- Understand neuroplasticity – the ability to change and adapt. The human brain is constantly processing millions of bits of information every second. Our conscious mind only handles a little bit of that.
- When you tell your mind what’s mostly important, it will let that in. Whatever you put to the front of your brain, your mind will take that and attract that throughout the day.
[9:07] – Teaching kids how to think, not teaching them what to think.
- Kids are a blank slate. We have this incredible opportunity to help mold them into being the best version of themselves.
- Help your kids find their gifts, use those gifts to help serve the world and make it a better place, and never forget those gifts.
- Teach kids to be intentional. Don’t let the day run you. Take control and run the day. Go out and make someone smile and feel better.
[15:49] – Planting the right seeds to give our kids a strong foundation so they can handle challenges
- Simple powerful lessons done over breakfast teaches kids how to become their best selves, and learn to overcome obstacles, take responsibility, persevere, and love themselves for who they are.
[19:01] – What’s the best gift we can give our kids?
- Helping them know what their gifts are.
- There will be a point in our kids’ lives where society will try to pull them a certain way.
[20:41] – The Simple Seed journal – how can we get our hands on one?
- It gives parents the chance to empower their kids and develop a deeper connection.
- A Simple Seed of Growth, Gratitude & Giggles – Grab A Simple Seed Journal and empower your kid to START the day right!
[22:48] – Katie’s key takeaway for Fire Nation.
- You become what you believe. At the end of the day, whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re correct. Believe in ourselves to the fullest, authentically deep down in the soul. Anything is possible.
- It’s not going to be easy. It all starts with your belief, and that belief starts with a little seed planted in you that grows overtime.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!