Ken Moskowitz is an accidental pilot, father of five, has fostered 19 kids, is a career creative director turned serial entrepreneur, bestselling author, voice over actor, 3X cheater of death, and a hotel bathroom aficionado.
Ad Zombies – Tell your story. Use promo code FIRE and get a 15% discount on anything you order!
3 Value Bombs
1) Focusing on selling sets you up for failure because too many businesses are focused on the conversion. Creating a relationship with your customers is essential.
2) You can find the most valuable feedback from your customers because they will tell you everything that you need to know about your business.
3) Give without expectation of getting anything in return.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Stop Selling. Start Storytelling with Ken Moskowitz
[1:10] – Ken shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He almost relocated his family to Dallas because he was a runner-up to be the voice of Barney the purple dinosaur.
[3:05] – What does it mean to be a hotel bathroom aficionado?
- Ken discovered that when you are traveling, the best bathrooms are the 5-star hotel bathrooms.
[4:24] – Why does focusing on selling set you up for failure?
- Focusing on selling sets you up for failure because too many businesses are focused on the conversion. Creating a relationship with your customers is essential.
- Story-telling through messaging is the most powerful way to connect with your audience. It builds trust and relationships.
[5:36] – Why should you build relationships, not funnels?
- Funnels are great for capturing an audience, answering their objections, and converting them into a customer
- Story-telling creates memorable touchpoints; it helps expand your network. It is no longer a funnel, but it becomes a web of sales.
[8:36] – Can a little guy or gal build a big brand?
- With all of the tools and resources that are available nowadays you can absolutely build a brand.
- A brand is a touchpoint that every consumer sees; you create the impression that people get with every touchpoint along the way.
- Your brand is not just your logo and your name. Your brand is the experience you deliver for your customers.
- Any business can build a brand, you just have to invest time
[10:47] – What does “Listen to your gut, not your gurus” mean?
- Your gut will never fail you – listen to that inner voice.
- The Gurus know what they know, but you know your business better than anyone else.
[15:48] – Where can you find the most valuable feedback?
- You can find the most valuable feedback from your customers; they will tell you everything that you need to know about your business.
- The comments you get on your ad creative and the engagement that you get from your audience will tell you the direction you need to point your business.
[17:19] – How can you tell your story the right way?
- The way to tell your story is by sharing your truth with people.
- If you share the journey of your successes and failures from the heart, people will see that, and it will develop respect. It will create a deeper connection with your brand.
- Keep your audience involved. Bringing your people along on your journey creates a deeper connection.
[19:08] – How can you best speak your truth?
- Do not hide your failures.
- Be real with people. Share your journey, and tell them what is going on.
- It is okay to be raw and be yourself.
[22:35] – What is the one mistake creators must avoid?
- You have to avoid falling in love with your creative.
- Creative is a variable of success; however, not everybody experiences your creative the same way you do.
- Let your audience fall in love with your creative.
[26:28] – Ken’s parting piece of guidance.
- Give without expectation of getting anything in return.
- Ad Zombies – Tell your story. Use promo code FIRE and get a 15% discount on anything you order!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!