Larry Hagner is a best-selling author, speaker, coach, podcaster, and founder of the Good Dad Project. The Good Dad Project is dedicated to helping men become the best version of themselves so they can show up big for their kids.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Evernote – Larry’s small business resource
- The Freedom Journal – Larry’s top business book
- The Dad’s Edge – Larry’s best-selling book on fatherhood
- The Good Dad Project – Larry’s website
3 Key Points:
- Start revenue streams by repackaging your content. Turn books into speeches, then into online courses.
- Respect time. Outsource, and use your own time for the things that only you can do. Respect the time that your audience is giving you and create concise, impactful content.
- Learn from other people. Join groups that have insightful conversations; invest in top-quality coaching. You’ll progress much faster with support from others.
- ZipRecruiter – Are you ready to find your perfect hire? Right now you can post jobs on ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:19] – Larry has 4 kids and created The Good Dad Project as the resource he wished he had
- [01:53] – Larry generates revenue through book sales, coaching, and speaking events
- [04:00] – First thing he launched was speaking events, then an online course
- [04:48] – “Having a book has given me more speaking events than I can handle”
- [05:13] – You can repackage content to generate different revenue streams
- [05:45] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment: Launching his podcast and realizing how high the overheads were
- [06:23] – “I just created what I wanted”
- [09:05] – Turned his speech into an online course to generate revenue
- [09:35] – “You need to be sensitive to whatever time your audience has to give”
- [10:09] – Larry mind-mapped his speeches and planned for 60 hours to create his course
- [11:15] – The Dad’s Edge hit the Amazon best-seller list
- [12:08] – Larry’s advice: invest in coaching
- [12:27] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When his book hit the Amazon best-seller list
- [13:32] – Invested time and money into creating a great book cover
- [15:00] – Learn from the people who’ve gone before you
- [15:58] – Biggest weakness? – “I get caught up in activity versus results”
- [16:53] – Use your time for the things that only you can do. Outsource everything else.
- [18:02] – Biggest strength? – “Engaging with people”
- [18:42] – What has Larry most fired up today? “We’ve just started a private Facebook group that has unbelievable conversations.”
- [21:18] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The quality of our life depends on the quality of the questions we ask ourselves and others.’”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Relentless time management”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Evernote
- If you could recommend just one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Freedom Journal
- [23:26] – Parting piece of guidance: “You’re not alone. Learn from the people around you.”
- [24:38] – Connect with Larry on Twitter and Facebook
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!
Subscribe to EOFire!