Naiana Miranda is an international speaker and Founder of Raise The Bar, which helps teams build a culture of excellence to impact their bottom line. While a leadership trainer for large corporations, she found a need to empower small businesses. Raise The Bar’s mission is to never have employees say “Thank God it’s Friday” again!
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Asana – Naiana’s small business resource
- Switch On Your Brain – Naiana’s top business book
- Naiana’s Linked In – Naiana’s website
3 Key Points:
- Words are powerful. Examine how you talk to yourself. The words you use about yourself – the story you tell yourself – creates your future.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Put your hand up. Try new things. It’s the only way you’ll grow.
- Failing at something doesn’t make you a failure. Accept your mistakes, learn from them, and move on.
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
- Toptal: Find the perfect developer or designer to help bring your next project to live with Toptal’s 2-week, no risk trial. Visit Toptal.com/fire or shoot me an email and I’ll personally introduce you to an executive at Toptal who can help you get set up!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:42] – Had a radical wake-up call in college and started inspiring people to live their lives
- [02:56] – Naiana realized she wanted to build her own leadership training company
- [03:44] – Naiana generates revenue through experiential workshops
- [04:12] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Making an online motivational video that simply didn’t work
- [04:50] – “What got you here, will not get you there”
- [05:16] – Created a motivational video
- [06:15] – “People don’t care until you care”
- [06:33] – Naiana created an online course that didn’t succeed – because she didn’t have the specific skills to make it work
- [07:55] – “The story you tell yourself creates your future”
- [09:16] – “If something doesn’t succeed, it doesn’t mean I’m a failure. It means that one specific thing I made didn’t work.”
- [10:19] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Gaining a new customer by publicly getting out of her comfort zone on a surf simulator.
- [13:30] – “Raise your hand to take opportunities”
- [13:44] – Biggest weakness? – “Operations. I suck at the nitty-gritty ”
- [14:09] – “Focus on your strengths and hire for your weaknesses”
- [14:40] – Biggest strength? – “My passion and my energy”
- [15:43] – What has Naiana most fired up today? “Knowing that because I’m here and living my purpose, I’m empowering other people.”
- [16:18] – Get Naiana’s From Bad To Badass blueprint for free!
- [19:00] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear of failure”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The words we speak are powerful”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Accepting personal responsibility for my life”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Asana
- If you could recommend just one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Switch On Your Brain
- [21:21] – Connect with Naiana on Facebook
- [21:47] – Parting piece of guidance: “To have something you’ve never had before, you need to be willing to do something you’ve never done before.”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!