Leah is a homeschool mom of 5 kids, the lead composer and singer of the band LEAH and founder of Savvy Musician Academy. After being broke, Savvy Musician Academy exploded in 2015 and went to 7 figures in 6 months.
3 Fan Funnels for Musicians – Leah’s Free PDF Blueprint
3 Value Bombs
1) Apply principles that are working in other areas and make them work for the artist in a creative arena.
2) Copywriting is the most powerful skill that one can ever develop.
3) Take extreme ownership of your success.
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
ClickFunnels: With ClickFunnels’ new One Funnel Away Challenge you can have your funnel up, running, and optimized in just 30 days! Join the next One Funnel Away Challenge for just $100 at EOFire.com/funnel!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How musicians & artists can create sustainable careers using digital marketing with Leah McHenry
[01:24] – Leah shares something about herself that most people don’t know.
- She spent a lot of time studying and learning about health, and she knows more about the human body than she ever wanted to :)
[02:31] – How can musicians & artists use digital marketing to sell more music, merchandise, and art without touring?
- Leah talks about how drastically Napster affected the music industry because of the peer to peer sharing of files.
- Leah studied business and marketing and tried online marketing – and it worked for her.
- Apply principles that are working in other areas and make them work for the artist in a creative arena.
[08:50] – How does one determine a micro-niche so they can stop trying to be famous?
- Leah talks about a revolutionary concept – the niche marketing concept
- She doesn’t have to market to everybody and doesn’t have to be a household name to make a sustainable living.
- Identify your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) and help the people find what they are looking for in music.
[12:23] – Leah talks about how did she discovered her micro-niche.
- She started with an umbrella genre, then sub-genre, and then niched down until she hit her micro-niche.
- 4Fs – Friends, Family, Fans and Feedback
[16:09] – How can we create a “culture” around our music & art?
- Leah defines culture as a set of beliefs or common interests that bring people together in a community.
- Music and art has an amazing capability to almost become a soundtrack to a movement.
- Leah created a culture around her music – she knows all about her fans
[18:32] – How can we start treating our music & art like an e-commerce business?
- Keep in mind to not just learn about the music business, but also the e-commerce business
- It is not enough to just have a website and have something for sale on it; there is a whole lot more that goes on that helps create the conversion, like data
- Be an expert on product pages and product descriptions.
[22:28] – Learn FB & IG ads and become an expert at marketing yourself.
- Musicians and creative people can be some of the best marketers.
- Learn the fundamentals of good advertising
- Figure out how to sell your products and services.
[25:08] – “Learn the fundamentals of copywriting & you’ll never be a starving artist.” – What do you mean by that?
- For Leah, learning the art of motivating people to action through your words and your messaging means you will never have to worry about putting food on the table.
- Learn how to sell and learn how to motivate people.
- Copywriting is the most powerful skill that one can ever develop.
[26:17] – 6-figure launches aren’t that difficult. There are 5 launch phases for an artist and the math is simple…
- Build a buzz
- Pre-sell phase
- Launch day
- Momentum phase
- Evergreen phase
[30:45] – Leah’s parting piece of guidance.
- Take extreme ownership of your success.
- Learn the skills.
- 3 Fan Funnels for Musicians – Leah’s Free PDF Blueprint
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!