Luke Armstrong is the Global Head of Sales for F45 Group – the fastest-growing fitness franchise in the world.
F45’s Website – Check out the franchise opportunities available on the F45 website!
3 Value Bombs
1) If you have a great product, it will do its own marketing.
2) Make the experience special for the customer and be different. Do something that is original.
3) You have to be very action-oriented in business. Taking risks isn’t really a bad thing; you just have to be open to the results.
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: F45: The Aussie Fitness Franchise Phenomenon Taking Over the World with Luke Armstrong
[1:24] – Luke shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
- Most people don’t know where he is on any given day because of his job as a sales director. He needs to be everywhere that they are not, spreading the word about F45 and recruiting more people to join their community.
[2:52] – Luke tells the F45 story.
- F45 is originally from Sydney, Australia. They started in 2012. F45 created a product that is motivational and will hold people accountable. Its innovative and dynamic programs are built so you will never do the same workout twice.
- Their goal: field phenomenal results physically, mentally, and bring people together.
[6:40] – The fitness industry is such a competitive marketplace; how is F45 able to stand out?
- On the consumer side, the fitness product is new and intuitive. The workout programming is different.
- They invested in the development of their own propriety and brand development.
- They use and combine different modalities.
[9:00] – Luke talks about the idea of a “boutique” concept and why he did it
- Boutique applies to a lot of different approaches; it is often characterized by high levels of service and a high price point.
- They decided to franchise F45 because they knew they had a very exciting product and because the industry changes very quickly, rather than trying to colonize they decided to recruit franchise partners.
[11:36] – How have you been able to scale 1,800 franchises in 6 years across 45 different countries – what is the secret?!
- It starts with the product. If you have a great product, it will do its own marketing.
- It is also potent when you can empower people to facilitate life change, whether in fitness and health, or in transition to self-employment.
- Invest in technology. Social media will help you with the marketing.
[17:16] – Mark Wahlberg is now as an investor: Why him, and what does he bring to the brand?
- The industry for fitness and wellness is booming; there are big players looking to get in on the action.
- They chose Mark as a partner because he is in complete alignment with his passion for health and wellness, and his passion for business and entrepreneurship.
- Mark is a global name; he helps F45 in furthering the brand.
[20:46] – What are some of the lessons you’ve learned that other business owners can benefit from?
- Make the experience special for the customer and be different. Do something that is original.
- It is important to innovate. Look for ways to improve.
- Empower people.
[23:26] – How do you continue to lead the market?
- Luke and his team will soon announce a supplement line, start selling their merchandise, go into the hotel industry, and will introduce F45 to college campuses.
[25:11] – What does the future hold for F45?
- Luke’s mission is to put F45 within reach of anybody in the world who wants to experience the product.
- Luke will continue to build the physical network around the world.
- F45 is developing a new platform for trainers to set challenges for individuals and teams. It will allow them to accrue points and potentially redeem in-studio or with F45’s loyalty partners.
[27:29] – Luke’s parting piece of guidance
- You have to be very action-oriented in business. Taking risks isn’t really a bad thing; you just have to be open to the results.
28: 21 – Luke’s call to action for Fire Nation.
- F45’s Website – Check out the franchise opportunities available on the F45 website!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!